Replacement windows Milwaukee area

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
stewsmalls

Replacement windows Milwaukee area

#1 Post by stewsmalls »

We are shopping for replacement windows in a suburb of Milwaukee (Waukesha), and trying to nail down the right avenue to proceed. I've read here on the web about Marvin and Pella and Okna and Sunrise, which all seem to have some great reviews and some negatives. We are open to vinyl, but is it really going to last? Our old windows are 18 years old wood (I won't mention the brand but it rhymes with flemco), so I'm not excited about going with wood again. What is more expensive, wood or vinyl? Better performance?

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement windows Milwaukee area

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

stewsmalls wrote:We are shopping for replacement windows in a suburb of Milwaukee (Waukesha), and trying to nail down the right avenue to proceed. I've read here on the web about Marvin and Pella and Okna and Sunrise, which all seem to have some great reviews and some negatives. We are open to vinyl, but is it really going to last? Our old windows are 18 years old wood (I won't mention the brand but it rhymes with flemco), so I'm not excited about going with wood again. What is more expensive, wood or vinyl? Better performance?
First...if you are in Milwaukee...you are in luck. Not because you have a terrible football team though. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, HomeSealed (a regular poster), is here on the forum and without question, you best resource in Milwaukee.

You can find him here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5582

That all being said, good looking vinyl is tough to beat in terms of value, performance, etc. They have come a long way in their options, quality, and finished look. Performance numbers are supreme and vinyl usually crushes all comers.

You have to like the look of it though so look at the window critically and make sure it is something that you are going to be happy staring at for the next 20 years.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

I agree 100%, contact Brandon at HomeSealed. He runs a tight ship and does exceptional work.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

There are few whole hearted referrals that I can make but HomeSealed is one of them.
One of the top operations out there lead by Brandon.