Anlin vs. Simonton

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
engtek1

Anlin vs. Simonton

#1 Post by engtek1 »

I am getting quotes for replacement windows and am having trouble finding unbiased information. I am replacing a total of 6 windows and 2 sliding doors. I have received quotes for Simonton 7300 Daylight Max and the Anlin Catalina series. The quote for the Anlin was originally 3k more than Simonton but they called back and reduced the price on the Anlin quote by 2,000 if I order by next Friday.

We live in Concord, CA and do often get triple digit heat during the summer. Which is a better window? Any other manufactures I should look at?

Thanks. Any input is good :D

Mike

Windows on Washington

Re: Anlin vs. Simonton

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Feedback on some of the specifically West Coast products is a bit limited.

The Anlin seems to be well liked from those that have put them in. I am not a fan of a pocket sill window in our climate because of the rain, bugs, and debris that can create issues for a weep hole draining window, however, that might be a moot point in your climate.

I don't think you can go wrong with either and how did the two companies compare from an install standpoint?

TheWindowNerd

Re: Anlin vs. Simonton

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would compare each glass package and also the AI(air infiltration test results).
The AI is a good over all tell sign, if companies are telling you not to worry about it or can not fin d it it is a sign they are embarrassed and that the window is a bad performer.