$29k to replace 5 windows. Is this good?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
simsim

$29k to replace 5 windows. Is this good?

#1 Post by simsim »

I am looking to replace 5 windows at my home (Seattle).
- 3 windows are large (around 7 ft by 8ft). Each of these window will have 3 sashes (1 fixed picture and 2 open-able sashes)
- 2 small windows (around 2 ft by 3 ft). both with two sashes each.

I opted for all default options - low e glass, double paned, regular handles, regular trim etc. The quote that I got from renewal by Anderson is $29k +tax for there default Fibrex product. Windows are in the front of house and easily accessible (implies should be regular installation).

I got a custom patio door installed last year - new opening, new header, 12 ft dual sliding and also a bay windows (new opening) but i paid only 12k (Milgard Tuscany) for it (installation alone took 3 days (for 4 guys).....considering this it looks like 29k is too expensive for regular replacement

- What are your thoughts and what is your experience with window replacement
- Is Anderson really better than Milgard window to justify high price?

i will be taking 2 more quote in coming days.

HomeSealed

Re: $29k to replace 5 windows. Is this good?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

It sounds like you have multiple "banks" of windows. That bumps up the window count a bit which changes that value proposition. That said, that still sounds on the high side, and that would be in line with the reputation that precedes that company.

Best bet is to do exactly what you you already have scheduled and get another quote or two for comparison... Milgard IMO was a middling choice when they were available in the Midwest and North East, but to my knowledge they may be ranked a little better than that against the other products available out west.

Randy

Re: $29k to replace 5 windows. Is this good?

#3 Post by Randy »

I agree, you can get a more reasonable price point with a better performing window. The RBA is a good looking product, but hard to justify the price tag.