Loewen quote need advice quick!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
yabapmat

Loewen quote need advice quick!

#1 Post by yabapmat »

Hello All,

I recieved the following quote from a Loewen dealer in Memphis. The windows are White Aluminum Clad Loewen Windows with Heatsmart
insulated glazing and 3/4" removable interior grilles to match existing grid.

The quote is as follows:

Twin window on the back of home: window: $1,319.00 labor: $154.00 total: $1,473.00
Single window (larger): window: $ 654.00 labor: $ 77.00 total: $ 731.00
Single window (smaller): window: $ 585.00 labor: $ 77.00 total: $ 662.00
Replacement sash kit: sash kit: $ 587.00 labor: $ 54.00 total: $ 641.00

4 ea replacement sash kits (smaller) sash kits: $1,985.00 labor: $216.00 total: $2,201.00
2 ea replacement sash kits (larger) sash kits: $1,174.00 labor: $108.00 total: $1,282.00

TOTAL COST : 6990.00

Do you feel these windows are worth the price? I dont want to get ripped off and am lost and confused! I am trying to get a model number of the windows from the dealer. I have recieved quotes on Marvin and Pella windows as well but they are over a thousand dollars more. Any info you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

Andy

#2 Post by Andy »

You have been shopping this same question here for 5 months now. Loewen windows are great products (I love mine) and you will not be disappointed in their quality. You have seen some of the best brands available and can't go wrong with any of them. With due dilligence you have found what you need and can have them at the best price. So, why wait any longer? If you like the product and trust the dealer....Go for it!!!

Jon

#3 Post by Jon »

I have received quotes for replacement windows for my house as well. In fact I am meeting with a Loewen dealer this afternoon to sign a contract to have 13 double hung windows replaced. I received quotes from Anderson, Pella, Dreamwood, and Anderson Renewel. The Loewen product was in a class by itself. Although the NFRC ratings were all about the same, I greatly impressed with the craftmanship; Douglas Fir rather than pine and thinker aluminum clading...

I didn't think that I could afford the Loewen, but was pleasantly surprised with the quote. The quote was the only $200 above the Anderson (400 series) quote and $1000 cheaper than the Pella (Architectual series) quote, and $2000 cheaper than the Renewel quote. For me it was a no brainer. My quote for the 13 windows (different sizes) averages about $750 a window (not including windo trim, I am doing that my self).

Good Luck with your choice.