Anyway to change the exterior color of MW vinyl windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
alvincurrington

Anyway to change the exterior color of MW vinyl windows

#1 Post by alvincurrington »

Wondering if there is a company or individual who has suggestions on how I might could get the exterior color desired without having to completely replace every window.

handyman19619

#2 Post by handyman19619 »

What type of window? vinyl, aluminum?
maybe you could do a different color of coil work if wood.

alvincurrington

#3 Post by alvincurrington »

Sorry, MW vinyl windows

handyman19619

#4 Post by handyman19619 »

I have seen customers paint their own vinyl windows
DO NOT DO IT. Its horrible and also affects the operation of the window.

JScott

#5 Post by JScott »

Move?

windowmann2000

Painting vinyl windows

#6 Post by windowmann2000 »

In 1995 I sold and installed a large bow window which I thought looked great until the customer came home and said it was to be brown on the exterior not white lead me to painting my first vinyl window. Let me add I did not do this myself but hired a pro who had done it b'4. It cost me $700.00 to correct my screw up but today it still looks great and functions fine. I must add that it does face dead east and has a pretty big overhang and I'm not advocating that you paint vinyl but done by a pro I'd do it again if faced with a simalar situation.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If I had to paint a vinyl window I would want it to be a bow, casement or picture window. It would definitely be much easier.
On a double hung you have tracks the window moves up and down on, exterior screens, and nooks and crannys that could be a real bear to paint and to keep looking good. The fact is, I've never seen a good paint job on a doublehung unless done at the factory.
The worst I have seen is when I went back the next day to inspect a job my men had put in and also to pick up the check.
Within hours of installation, the customers had gotten out paint and painted the inside and outside of all the white windows..... black! What a mess! Even the white weatherstripping was caked with it.
I hope I never get a call for warranty service. They'll be out of luck I'm afraid.