Patio door

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JAY JOHNSON

Patio door

#1 Post by JAY JOHNSON »

I have a patio door that needs to be replaced. The only problem is that the rough opening is 71 /14 instead of the standard 72. 00 inches as required for a standard 6 ft door. I would like to stay away from a custom
made to size door because of the cost. I need a wood clad slider patio door. I have checked most of the manufactures and no luck. One other thing my house is brick and the opening of the brick is 73.00 inches. Anyone know of a door that will fit?
CHuck

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Make sure when you are looking at doors that you are looking at actual size and not rough opening to see if something will fit.

Here is a link to find any door size and material you want.

http://www.ebuild.com/guide/products/sp ... =&N_480_8=

Greg

Patio Door

#3 Post by Greg »

Most of the major wood manufacturers have replacement or retro sizes. Marvin's door has a rough oprning of 70 5/8" for their 6065 door so don't despair.

tru_blue

Patio Door sizes

#4 Post by tru_blue »

Like Window4U stated, you may be thinking of frame size but looking at rough opening size. Almost every brand I'm familiar with has a patio door with a FRAME size of 70" to 71-1/2", and the resulting recommended rough opening is about 3/4" to 1" bigger. So you have an abundance of choices! You also have choices on the height. Virtually every wood patio door manufacturer has a full size frame height (usually 81-1/2" to 82") and a retrofit frame height (usually 79" to 80" frame height).

Other than size, other choices you may have to make include hardware color (most have many finishes to choose from), screen type (sometimes there is a heavy duty option), and a keyed lockset. Happy hunting!

JAY JOHNSON

PATIO DOOR

#5 Post by JAY JOHNSON »

Thanks for all your replys. It is strange ,I checked with Marvin and The Glass company that sells in my area said I would have to do a special size order to get one to fit. I guess I will have to check with another glass company.

Thanks
Chuck Jay Johnson