need help fast, Sunrise or Great Lakes

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
NATALYJAC

need help fast, Sunrise or Great Lakes

#1 Post by NATALYJAC »

Hello! I need to make a decision, and am fairly ignorant to windows. I have read plenty about all the energy efficiencies, spacers, etc and am down to 2 window companies, Sunrise and Great Lakes. The price is almost identical and I have gotten multiple estimates. I know Schuco and some others may be better windows, but for many reasons, they are not an option for me.

I have read about how Great Lakes has had multiple owners and how Sunrise sort of formed from Great Lakes. However, I don't know which window is better quality. The contractors that would install have similar experience, so it is strictly about the windows. I plan on staying in my house a number of years..

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!!!

InfoSponge

#2 Post by InfoSponge »

Do you know what specific line of Great Lakes windows you are looking at? They have several from midrange up to high end. If the price of the Great Lakes windows is reasonable to you, the only major downside is the metallic Intercept spacer they use. Otherwise, they are reasonably good quality windows, in my opinion, especially in their upper end lines. I haven't seen a Sunrise window recently, so I won't comment on those.

NATALYJAC

Great Lakes

#3 Post by NATALYJAC »

The quote stated the following:
"Great lakes #4000-dual soft coat low E + Argon Gas"

I think there is a 3000 and 5000 series also. I think the 4000 is double pane, the 5000 is triple.

It does use the Intercept spacer.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

So does Sunrise.