Replacement windows add beauty to your home...Add value to your home...Save energy while lowering your heating bills!
Call us at
1-800-399-4623

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Questions to Ask About Window Installation Procedures
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 pm 

I have seen comments in this and another forum about how important it is to have replacement windows installed correctly. From what I read it is possible to take a quality window and ruin it with a bad install. Given the importance of the installation, what kind of questions should I be asking the contractors that I interview concerning their installation practices and procedures?

Regards,

Rich

Post subject: Re: Questions to Ask About Window Installation Procedures
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 pm 

RichO wrote:
I have seen comments in this and another forum about how important it is to have replacement windows installed correctly. From what I read it is possible to take a quality window and ruin it with a bad install. Given the importance of the installation, what kind of questions should I be asking the contractors that I interview concerning their installation practices and procedures?

Regards,

Rich

Yes, installation is easily as important as the window. Most good Vinyl windows do alot of the same things (ie, fusion welding, warm edge spacer, etc).

As far as the installer goes, ask for references (both address and telephone numbers) and take a look at their work. If someone caps/wraps nicely, they will have usually taken the time to install the window properly. If you have a wood window, install is a snap. Metal out windows are a little trickier and steel buck frames require more reframing.