Anyone know anything about Window World?????

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Bbox

Anyone know anything about Window World?????

#1 Post by Bbox »

I know they get their windows from Alside windows but that is the extent of my knowledge. I like there comfort world 6000 and wanted to see what you all thought about them. I have said no to the pella vinyl and champion windows. any feedbac, help will be greatly appreciated.

windowmann2000

#2 Post by windowmann2000 »

You won't get many favorable responses from the pro's here. I am very familiar with their entire program and the biggest flaw is what they pay their sub-contractors (installers) 25% - 40% less than industry standards which leads to sub-par workmanship. I know three individuals who own franchises. One is in Kasas City and a very respectable dealer, and one in Wisconsin who you would have to be nuts to buy from and one in New York who is not quite sure if the locks go on the inside or the outside.
My advice is, if you go with them the Sheffield or 6000 in some stores is the best buy. I would also check with local dealers who can sell you the same window from Alside and compare prices and quality of workmanship, as it is there the problem lies with WW

Bbox

#3 Post by Bbox »

windowmann2000 wrote:You won't get many favorable responses from the pro's here. I am very familiar with their entire program and the biggest flaw is what they pay their sub-contractors (installers) 25% - 40% less than industry standards which leads to sub-par workmanship. I know three individuals who own franchises. One is in Kasas City and a very respectable dealer, and one in Wisconsin who you would have to be nuts to buy from and one in New York who is not quite sure if the locks go on the inside or the outside.
My advice is, if you go with them the Sheffield or 6000 in some stores is the best buy. I would also check with local dealers who can sell you the same window from Alside and compare prices and quality of workmanship, as it is there the problem lies with WW
Thanks a bunch windowmann. I was thinking the same thing and I appreciate you lettying me know about the installers.