Sears replacement windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cnurse

Sears replacement windows

#1 Post by cnurse »

Help. I just "signed on" with Sears for vinyl replacement windows for my entire home. They are their "best" with UV glass, foam insulation, etc. I am going for the casement style. This was my first estimate, but got sucked in to the 10% one time first appraisel visit and the 10% friends and family plus 15% off for a large order. Basically it's $14,000 for 10 custom windows, some are quite large. Should I look around more or are these a good value? Thanks!

david62

Re: Sears replacement windows

#2 Post by david62 »

depending on where you are located,there are other window companies to look at.

cnurse

#3 Post by cnurse »

I'm in West Michigan, so have access to Marvin, Pella, Polar Seal, Anderson and probably many others.

copykatpro

#4 Post by copykatpro »

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't cancel and shop around. Replacing windows is an expensive job and you want to make sure you're getting exactly what you want with someone you feel comfortable with at a price that makes sense for you. If after shopping around you feel Sears is your best option, then I'm sure they'll be thrilled to honor their quote or match someone else's. Good luck.

buddy11

#5 Post by buddy11 »

When you say ten windows do you mean ten single casements or are some of them double? Sears does a lot of things well. Installing windows isn't one of them. Cancel and shop. @ $1,400 a pop you can have Marvins and some change back. :D

Anyone know who's product they are selling theses days?

david62

#6 Post by david62 »

Sears are'nt using Simonton anymore? wonder who they are using? the fact that the frame is filled with foam tells me its NOT simonton.

cnurse

#7 Post by cnurse »

I think Sears is using Weather Shield. We've decided double hung windows instead of casement are more within our price range and will do the trick, though I think casement are nicer looking. I have checked a couple other stores, mostly Menards and Lowe's. The price for 10 winows came down to $9,000 with Sears, the others were close. I don't think I can take anymore shopping! Thanks for all the advice.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

cnurse wrote:I think Sears is using Weather Shield. We've decided double hung windows instead of casement are more within our price range and will do the trick, though I think casement are nicer looking. I have checked a couple other stores, mostly Menards and Lowe's. The price for 10 winows came down to $9,000 with Sears, the others were close. I don't think I can take anymore shopping! Thanks for all the advice.
You can get the window that you want (i.e. casements) and need as well as one that far exceeds the performance of the windows that you have looked at so far if you do some more careful research. Don't give up just yet.

This is a big investment and a little more effort on the front end will pay dividends on the back end.