Looking for windows in NH? - Alside Excalibur??

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windowsinNH

Looking for windows in NH? - Alside Excalibur??

#1 Post by windowsinNH »

I'm replacing 5 windows in Southern NH and I'm lost in all the choices/options. The windows are in a 4 season porch and the current ones are very drafty during the winter months. I need something more energy efficient, and just plain warmer!!

So far I've had two estimates - one was from a rep pushing Harvey's and the price seemed pretty high ($4,500). The other was from someone we felt much more comfortable with and his recommendation was the Alside Excalibur ($2,650). Both estimates included installation, everything.

As I said, it's 5 windows in total - 3DHs "stuck together" (sorry, I don't know the lingo, they're just 1-2-3 right across, nothing in between them) one wall and 2 DH's also "stuck together" along the other wall. Is the Alside Excalibur a decent choice? Is it way out of line - either more or less window than I need? Are there other brands/models that I might consider?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Looking for windows in NH? - Alside Excalibur??

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Depending on what Harvey window they were pushing, that Harvey quote seems a bit high. At over $500 an opening (mulled together is the word you were looking for) the Alside quote is a bit high. For that kind of money, you can get a better window but the Excalibur is a decent choice.