Gorell 5300 series bubbles in window coating

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
hughman

Gorell 5300 series bubbles in window coating

#1 Post by hughman »

We had 19 windows installed in 2007. Four upstairs windows facing north all have bubbles in the coating. They look dirty and bad. Contractor is out of business, Gorell has been no help since the contractor is out of business. What can we do? Saginaw County, Michigan.

TLHWINDOW

Re: Gorell 5300 series bubbles in window coating

#2 Post by TLHWINDOW »

Are there any identifying stickers on your windows with the batch code?

Is there no other dealers in the area?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

That coating has a 20 year warranty on it, although maybe it was ten at that time. It is a tumultuous time with this kind of stuff with Gorell having been recently purchased. I'd do what TLH mentioned, find another dealer in your area and try to wok through them... If you are going to be in need of any other services (more windows, doors, siding, etc ) in the future, make sure to mention that so that they know it will be worthwhile to help you out. They should be happy to do so regardless, but that is just a feather in your cap.

TLHWINDOW

#4 Post by TLHWINDOW »

Was just told that if dealer goes out of business that the warranty will be modified. Basically you may have to pay for shipping of the product and depending on glass, the glass at a "deep" discount.

Call Gorell and ask for service. If you have any issues let us/me know.

Don't shoot the messenger.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

I just spoke with my rep about an hour ago, and my understanding is that nothing is really set on that at this point, other than Softlite has no obligation to honor Gorell's warranty -but- they will for the dealers that stay on board... If it ends up the way that you mentioned, that would sound like a happy medium to me. Softlite would not come out looking good if they just tell all of those clients to get lost or pay full price for service parts.

windowmannjny

#6 Post by windowmannjny »

that happened to about 12 sashes on one of my customers homes, Gorell told me that it was indeed a defect, they wanted me to pay for the shipping of the new sashes, btw they sent the entire sash not just the IG unit, i asked them if they could ship it to another local Gorell dealer at no cost and they did, i went there and picked them up at no cost...except time, labor, gas, lunch, and a plate of cookies for the office staff.