Best Window Anlin or Simonton vinyl windows? Or Other?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kirk

Best Window Anlin or Simonton vinyl windows? Or Other?

#1 Post by kirk »

Shopping for replacement Vinyl windows and trying to decide on what window to go with. ANLIN has the new Platinum Elite seal(don't know if it is as good as others), but I also don't know anything about the SIMONTON brand. Does anyone know which one is best? Does anyone know of even better windows? I've heard a lot on this dicussion board about SCHUCO windows being a great window but they probably aren't available in my area. If they are, please let me know where. I live in Southern California, in the Long Beach area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Kirk

Dan the Window Man

#2 Post by Dan the Window Man »

You should see if you can get The Kolbe 7500 series. Ranked #1 by Window & Door Magazine! Cellular Vinyl. It's the same material used by Azek for trim products. It can be worked with like wood, even painted! It's impressive material! They boast a .28 u value with dual pane! You can also check out the 5500 series vinyl replacement by kolbe. I would compare that to the top of the line 9800 Simonton and I think the 5500 Kolbe looks much better and has a much neater appearance. Kolbe builds one of the few vinyl window systems that does NOT have a weep system. Weeps are designed to let water out. They re-invented the wheel to not let water get in! Also results in a very low air infiltration rate!

Good Luck there may be a deal near you. Use dealer locator at kolbe-kolbe.com

Dan

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Schuco and Koble are very expensive. Simonton and Anlin are average priced. You will really have to weigh out the options and benefits vs. the cost. There are Kolbe dealers in your area, but they are few and far between. Look at the Milgard product down there. They have two manufacturing facilities within 150 miles of you. Simi Valley and Temecula. YOu can expect excelent service from them.

Jeld-Wen has two falcilties near you as well and offer a couple of products in the same price range.

Anlin's new seal on their glass is nice, but again, is it worth the price. They all have life time warranties.

kris

#4 Post by kris »

imho anlin over simonton for the following reasons. stronger frame, platinum elite spacer is standard, better shgc and u-factor. i've used both brands and of the 2 anlin's service is immediate and the build quality of their product is excellent and consistent. simonton reflection/impression sold in your area is actually the old simonton 2000 with a new warrenty(lifetime glass breakage etc.)

windowshopper

Kolbe kolbe windows

#5 Post by windowshopper »

When I call the local dealer they act like Kolbe kolbe does not make a vinyl or pc or whatever they are window. They offer something else and only sell I forget if it is wood or alumninum in the Kolbe. The website refers to a I believe vinyl window.

earwax

#6 Post by earwax »

Many Kolbe and Kolbe dealers in the area only carry the wood product. They don't push anything else on the West coast too much.