"""DYING FOR ADVICE IN KENTUCKY""&q

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tom

"""DYING FOR ADVICE IN KENTUCKY""&q

#1 Post by tom »

I'm in the market for some quality replacement windows. Sometimes a homeowner with too much time gets a case of information overload. That be me; Since getting all the goods from you guys and elsewhere. Now things just seem to run together. Does anyone know a good replacement vinyl window sold in this area{Louisville}? Affordable would be nice. Also....Is there some prerequisite for using those diamond grids?..My wife is after these things but we own a common brick ranch...help me please.........What time other than raining is considered not good for installing?weatherwise?
"Always Seeking Knowledge"

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

Hey Tom! I know it seems a little over bearing at times. I've been doing this for thirty years and still get over loaded. Sometimes we all just need to step back and look again. I suggest the old Pro & Con sheet for each window your looking at. This will help you keep things in line. You happen to live in an area that is saturated with manufacturers of vinyl windows. If they aren't in your state they are in a neighboring one. I know Simonton is thick in that area. They can offer you some good middle of the road windows. You should also ask your supplier about the 3M Accentrim tape for your diamond grids. It's not as strong as the grid work. It gives the glass a nice beveled look at an affordable cost. Kind of fancy but not. My supplier has it and it really looks great. You can also look into Gorell, Gilkey, Schuco & Great Lakes. I'm pretty sure they are all in your area. As for temperature on the installation day. It's usually up to the installer. Here in MN our rule of thumb is ten degrees or colder & rain! If it's doing one of these it's a no go. We then fit you in the schedule ASAP. We also keep clear of very windy days. Depending on the size of windows we are installing. Otherwise it's a go on the install. We install right through the Winter here. The subzero days can slow things down for awhile. But it all boils down to your installer. Good Luck!!!

Evan

#3 Post by Evan »

Check out Viwintech in Paducah. They build a very good Dayton extrusion window.