HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT WINDOWS - PLEASE

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
nocalval

HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT WINDOWS - PLEASE

#1 Post by nocalval »

Hi Everyone. We are building a new house and I want to make sure that we choose the right windows. I am confused by the vast selection. We live in Southern Ontario, Canada. Our winters are COLD and our summers are HOT. We know we want Vinyl Casement and we have narrowed the companies down to:

All-Weather Windows
VinylBilt Windows
Ostaco Windows

I would like any input you could provide to me about these companies. Please help!
Thanks in advance :9

usmarine0352

#2 Post by usmarine0352 »

Have you considered Fiberglass?

nocalval

#3 Post by nocalval »

I hadn't considered fibreglass. Is the cost more generally (we are already over budget).

usmarine0352

#4 Post by usmarine0352 »

nocalval wrote:I hadn't considered fibreglass. Is the cost more generally (we are already over budget).
It can be comparable. I can't speak intelligently on prices in Canada.

If this is a new home you are planning on building for yourself, and plan to live there for quite awhile, ask yourself this:

Is it going to cost me more if I put in a cheaper window now and end up replacing them 4 years from now?

(Once I find out the warranty doesn't cover poor energy efficiency.)

Also, if you buy a lower quality window based on a good warranty, you may find the warranty really doesn't cover much, even though the salesman said it covered everything.

Stephen Thwaites

#5 Post by Stephen Thwaites »

You should consider North Star Windows - made just outside St. Thomas ON.

They should be in the same price range as your 3 contenders, use SuperSpacer and have the 'right' low e for a heating climate.

Good luck

Jon Turner

Re: HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT WINDOWS - PLEASE

#6 Post by Jon Turner »

As of now Clera and Landmarks are good enough. I have done a thorough research online for the window replacement in my home. These two are the names I could come up with.

Windows on Washington

Re: HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT WINDOWS - PLEASE

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

I've hear of Cleara but not of Landmark. Is Landmark the manufacturer or the installation company.