Cardinal Glass ?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
STL

Cardinal Glass ?

#1 Post by STL »

I'm looking for help finding windows that use the latest Cardinal products.

Is there an easy way to identify windows that use the Cardinal LoE2-272, LoE2-270 or LoE2-240 glass?

Thanks for any input.

Stephanie

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I know that Milgard uses Cardinal and has the new Low-e 366 coating available. It is under the name of SunCoat Max.

That is just who I am thinking of off the top of my head. There are many others.

STL

#3 Post by STL »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in St. Louis. Looks like Milgard doesn't have dealers in my area.

Any others you can recall?

Oberon

#4 Post by Oberon »

Cardinal supplies the LowE coatings for probably half or better of all the window companies in North America, so it might be easier to say yes or no to specific companies that you are considering.

Another option is to simply ask any company that interests you what coatings that they offer.

winguy

unsure

#5 Post by winguy »

We had a company called Illinois Energy come out to show us their window and the sales guy claimed to use Cardinal glass but it was a Lindsay frame that was special manufactured for them.... have any of you ever heard of this company?

awsdan

#6 Post by awsdan »

Cardinal is a leader in new residential glass products, Lindsay Windows , mentioned in this thread promotes the Cardinal Glass coatings.
Lindsay sells in the St. Louis area, they have a factory in Union, MO.

Be aware of what you are looking for and why. The more coated the glass is the darker it becomes (less visible light transmission) and not always a great choice in windows for a home if you care to see naturally through the windows.

winguy

Chicago land

#7 Post by winguy »

We have had two different window guys come out- Illinois energy and Illinois exteriors offering life time non-prorated warranties on their windows- Has anyone dealt with these guys? Does anyone have any thoughts on these warranties? we are first time window buyers.