U Factor/Value

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
sydney626

U Factor/Value

#1 Post by sydney626 »

Imagine how happy I was to stumble upon this site!!! After seeing four window replacement contractors this week, my head is spinning!

I know I will definitely have more questions, but here is what I think may be a simple one: How do I find out the U factor of a particular brand? I am googling the window, Andersen AC86, and I'm not able to find it. I can't find the window on their web site at all.

I live in South Florida and am replacing all of my downstairs windows. So I will have to get impact windows because I was told that, if you replace over 20% of your windows in SoFL, they must be impact windows. And I'm fine with that, but I would also like the heat resistance as well. I currently have two-pane and four-pane jalousie windows, and my electric bill is a bear each month.

And let me also add that I am a single female and have never had any dealings with windows before. I'm feeling just a tad out of my league with the lingo.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Windows on Washington

Re: U Factor/Value

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Ask them for a CPD (Certified Products Directory) number.

I would also recommend you somewhat expand your search to include at least one competitive product.