Marvin Infinity v. Renewal by Anderson for Bow Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
prn

Marvin Infinity v. Renewal by Anderson for Bow Windows

#1 Post by prn »

I'm replacing two bow windows, each with five panes (each pane is 25"w x 65"l). The existing windows are wood and are 25 years old (mftr unknown). Double panes, but seals are breaking down.

Trying to decide between Marvin Infinity and Renewal by Anderson. The reason is that both have flexibility to have interior wood grain finishes (which fits the house decor) and a dark colored exterior that, if needed, can be painted (fits wood house trim). I'm impressed by the characteristics of fiberglass (minimum separation from glass since it expands/contracts at same rate). But I'm having a hard time evaluating Anderson's Fibrex against this.

Does anyone have information/opinions on which is better for insulating qualities, water intrusion, longevity, and ease of installation? Looking for differentiators. I live at altitude in Colorado (but not mountains), and I'm a bit suspicious of Anderson's explanation that they don't usually use inert gas in windows installed in this state. Seems like it would have a negative effect on insulating quality of the windows.

Marvin is pretty expensive. I'm getting a price quote from Anderson, but my web research turned up lots of comments indicating they're expensive too. Will the differences be worth the money? Thanks for any help.

Skydawggy.

Re: Marvin Infinity v. Renewal by Anderson for Bow Windows

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

PRN

Perhaps the first step is to determine what kind of budget you are trying to work with.