Harvey Windows - comparisons?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mspitzer

Harvey Windows - comparisons?

#1 Post by mspitzer »

Hi Everybody,

We are in the process of replacing double hung windows in our 1989 home. The seals in the current windows have all broken, so we now have many windows completely filled with condensation between the panes. We have had the hard sell from Renewal by Anderson, but have rejected them on sheer economics. We are now looking at a couple of quotes for Harvey windows.

I want to make sure that we are not being penny wise and pound foolish, and don't mind spending a little extra to make sure we get windows that are not going to be an issue down the line. I have a quote for Harvey Slimline windows which seems reasonable - $5500 for 12 windows, and that includes cladding the exterior sills and frames with aluminum. I have also had a quote (from a different contractor) for about $7K for Harvey Classics, not including the cladding, which would run $100 per window extra. Is there a performance difference between the Classic and Slimline that would justify the higher pricing? Would you recommend Harvey products? I live in the Boston area.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Harvey Windows - comparisons?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Harvey is certainly well represented in the MA area and is a solid window.

I personally think that there are some better options but that will be for you to research and see what fits into your budget.

There have been several "Boston" threads where customers have discussed their decision making process and product selection in detail. I think you might find those threads very helpful.