Marvin Infinity or Renewal by Anderson

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Sharkster

Marvin Infinity or Renewal by Anderson

#1 Post by Sharkster »

Hi, I'm new to this site. I live in CT and need to replace 21 windows in my home. I narrowed it down to Infinity by Marvin and Renewal by Anderson windows. They both seem to be solid replacement windows. I kinda liked the look of the Anderson window a bit better but Marvin was nice too. Anderson was a bit more money than Marvin. So, which do you think is a better replacement window? I guess I'm confused at this point.

Windows on Washington

Re: Marvin Infinity or Renewal by Anderson

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don't be confused, the Infinity is the better window.

Better warranty, better substrate, better company, more ethical sales tactics, etc.

buddy11

#3 Post by buddy11 »

+1 on WOW's comments, it's not even close. The Infinity in a NY minute.

carol123

#4 Post by carol123 »

Starmark was also suggested when I posted on this site.
I live in CT as well-where have you been looking?
I have Windowland coming out next week and see Digiorgi as the only company in CT that sells the Marvin Infinity.
I was originally looking at wood replacement and am interested(as a result of this forum) in pursuing the fiberglass option. Also looking to replace 21 windows-now have original windows in 60+ year old house. Need to know that the fiberglass option will look like wood as we are in a high end market.

buddy11

#5 Post by buddy11 »

Infinty has an interior finish called everwood. It not only looks like wood, it feels like it. Incredible replication by Marvin

Sharkster

#6 Post by Sharkster »

Yes, Digiorgi is the only company that sells Marvin Infinity in CT. I got a quote from them and they were reasonably priced. Less than Renewal by Anderson. I saw a sample of the Everwood interior finish and it looked and felt like real grain wood. They had a array of different grains to choose from and can even stain or paint your choice of color. Keep in mind that this will increase price. This option did'nt apply to me but a great option, if you like that real wood finish.

fantunes

#7 Post by fantunes »

I'm in about the same situation as Sharkster and Carol123.
I have 24 double-hungs and 4 pictures. Started with quote from Andersen and then Pella, but have been getting turned off by both of them ( comments on this site are a part of it.)
I am not waiting to get a quote from DiGiorgi on the Infinity by Marvin, but I am also very interested in getting a quote on the Starmark by OKNA. Again, comments on this site part of it. The Starmark has some impressive U-factor, and the composite structure seems to be a big plus, but what are the prices like?

Does anyone know who is doing Starmark replacements in CT? Or do you just buy the windows from a Starmark dealer and find someone to install?

Appreciate any help with this regard. If the price is not too high, this just may be the best choice.

buddy11

#8 Post by buddy11 »

Starmarks are available in CT.

Kenandbarb

#9 Post by Kenandbarb »

Both Serious and Marvin are on the opposite sides. My energy auditor said if you did a door blower test the Marvin would not fair well. The Serious is good but very $$$. Virtually all fiberglass windows have some sort of wood interior finish, so that is nothing special. Owens Corning has a new FG window that's supposed to be very good, you should definitely have a look!

jozkid

#10 Post by jozkid »

I'm just a consumer like you, so take these guys' opinions to heart.

We went through the same dog and pony show with LOTS of folks coming through our house to give us the sales pitch. The RBA looks very nice, but it really is way too much money for what it is. The Marvin Infinitys are beautiful windows, truly. They have a nice thin profile and seem quite strong. They also come in the various wood-like finishes and look incredibly authentic. And to top it off, they are less $ than the RBAs. We would have gone this route except that it would have taken all the cash we had budgeted for windows.

We ended up getting the Okna Starmarks. Had them installed in January. They are a nice-looking window and they were less expensive than the Infinitys. They are not a vinyl window, strictly speaking (check out the various threads for more info on that), but they do take up more glass space than the Infinitys would have - an aesthetic issue that seems to have gotten a bit less important now that they are in. This route allowed us to get some badly needed entry doors and storm doors as well. We are pleased with the performance so far and barring anything unforeseen, do not regret our decision. If the amount of glass area will keep you up at night, go with the Infinitys (especially if you live in a more upscale neighborhood). I don't think you'll be sorry. Just my humble opinion. But the Oknas would probably be worthwhile to look at, too.

carol123

#11 Post by carol123 »

Thanks for this input-it is very helpful. First time I have heard feedback from an installed product-we do need the insulation....
Have windowland coming out Wed. and Infinity coming Saturday.
Owens corning not in our area and frankly I am not up for going "crazy" with all of these variables! I am in a very upscale neighborhood and want to make the right decision not only for us but for resale

fantunes

#12 Post by fantunes »

Is the difference in glass area THAT noticeable between the Starmark and the Infinity windows?
On the other hand, Starmark has a .25 U-value vs Infinity .30? or .29?
And from reading a few things, like this site, I think the composite may be superior to the fiberglass, am I right?

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

Both substrates have their pluses and minuses. They are both well regarded.

buddy11

#14 Post by buddy11 »

fantunes wrote:Is the difference in glass area THAT noticeable between the Starmark and the Infinity windows?
On the other hand, Starmark has a .25 U-value vs Infinity .30? or .29?
And from reading a few things, like this site, I think the composite may be superior to the fiberglass, am I right?

Not superior or inferior. It's a matter of preference

fantunes

#15 Post by fantunes »

Thanks gentlemen.
And about the glass area? is it that big a difference between something like the Infinity and the Starmark?
As a consumer it is hard to compare, since dealers to not normally carry both brands, so it is hard to see them side-by side.
Would you be able to give an approximate comparison of dimensions of the glass area?