replacement windows in Portland Oregon

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
chydo2005

replacement windows in Portland Oregon

#1 Post by chydo2005 »

I am going to replace 20-years old wooden casement windows in my house in Portland, Oregon. Due to lack of care they have dry rot in many places. My house has stucco. I am not looking for to spend a fortune, but on the other hand I don’t want something that is not durable. Any advice?

TLHWINDOW

Re: replacement windows in Portland Oregon

#2 Post by TLHWINDOW »

Do you have dry rot around the frames or just the sashes?

You need to see what kind of window brands are offered in your area, just to start with.

Then you can look into options and we can help a little more.

chydo2005

#3 Post by chydo2005 »

I have dry rot in frames and sashes.

uto

#4 Post by uto »

What window brands are offered in Portland Oregon........ Let me see if I can count the number...
Marvin, Anderson, JeldWen, Milgard, Pella, Simonton.Renewal by Anderson, LBL, Cascade, PlyGem, Penguin,Window World, Champion, Empire Pacific

The local daily paper has ads by companies that seem to have an endless Advertising budgets.

Want to touch and feel the product....start by visiting the beautiful customer showroom at Milgard in Tualatin and even watch them being made. Of course we have lots of Home Depots and Lowes. Don't forget the Parr lumber stores. Larger dealers have well apportioned showrooms you can visit.

Use the services of gas and electric companies Energy Trust program for rebates and financial help and the Oregon State Dept of Energy. Check out the dealer on Oregon Construction Contractors Board, the BBB and Angie's list.