harvey classic

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
davidcoke1

harvey classic

#1 Post by davidcoke1 »

Does anyone have a opinion on the quality or the Harvey classic windows? Any advise would be helpful I live in North East PA.

windowinsider

Re: harvey classic

#2 Post by windowinsider »

Harvey has a reputation for being a steady and solid manufacturer of good mid-range vinyl windows and some not-so-good low-end vinyl in years past also. I like the way their glass packs are looking these days from the curb view. But had a real good look at their Tribute line recently and thought there was still some blue-ishness to the white vinyl. The do a good job of servicing independent contractors in the North East.

windowmannjny

#3 Post by windowmannjny »

i actually think that the Harvey Tribute is a great looking window their triple pane has great #'s as well. All around i think that it is a very good product.

windowinsider

#4 Post by windowinsider »

My opinion on stretching U-Values and triple pane vinyl, is that those energy efficiency dollars could be much better utilized elsewhere in the house, like in the basement and the attic doing air-sealing and insulating. The difference between .30 and .23 does not look very good on paper, based on the cost to upgrade.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Depends largely on where the home is located, how much someone is charging for triple pane, and other factors.

If windows represent 33% of your wall area and your walls are an R-15, the triple pane glass package at U-0.23 would make the overall wall assembly 19.3% more insulated. That is a big difference if you figure the entire wall.

davidcoke1

#6 Post by davidcoke1 »

The diffrence in price quoted is for 22 windows 4 of which are 8 ft sliding doors. as well as a wall of custom shaped windows on a A frame house on the lake. the price for double pane is $15,800 and triple pane w/ krpton gas is $17,500. this seems like a good value compared to other quotes i've recieved. also comparing the Gorell 5100 and okna windows. pricing $17,700 gorell and 20,200 okna. any advise would be welcome want to get this done soon.