Windows for Texas

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
CGMOM

Windows for Texas

#1 Post by CGMOM »

I live in the humid city of Houston. I am looking to replace 18 windows. I get so many different answers from so many different companies, that I have become lost. Can anyone share there experience and/or expertise on what brand windows work best in my area. Thank you

Windows on Washington

Re: Windows for Texas

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Only one guy you need to talk to. He has the best of the best in Houston. Randy is a top notch guy and has great products. He also has the educational pedigree when it comes to windows and issues of energy efficiency.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3558&start=15

Skydawggy.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

+ 1 on Randy.

CGMOM

#4 Post by CGMOM »

Can you be more specific. My brother in law is named Randy and I wouldn't want him putting in my window. lol!!

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

CGMOM wrote:Can you be more specific. My brother in law is named Randy and I wouldn't want him putting in my window. lol!!

Heh, heh.. Randy is a long time Pro who is very active on this board and has been helping consumers for many years by answering questions. He is very knowledgeable of the Houston market because he is in business in the Houston area. Many consumers come on this board asking for a recommendation for a top knotch installer in their area. You have one right in your back yard. There isn't a pro on this board that wouldn't recommend Randy. If you follow the link WoW provided and scan down it a bit, you will see a poster named Randy. He has a "get a quote" button below his name. If you click on it and fill out the info, Randy will get in touch with you.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

Avoid windows with pocket sills which are pushed heavily in Houston. They don't drain well, collect pollen, pine needles, mosquitos, etc.... (Home Craftsman, Showcase, Alside)

Look for windows with sash reinforcement, and insist on a low solar low-e (Cardinal's 366, PPG's Solarban 70XL).

Don't accept the standard caulk-and-walk installation method which permits air and water migration around the window perimeter.