Is Schuco a good choice?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
quim

Is Schuco a good choice?

#1 Post by quim »

I leave in an apartment and I want to change all the windows. I already 4 budgets:
Finstral 500/60: $11700
Kommerling: $10400
Schuco Corona AS60: $8540
Rehau: $7800

I already saw a house with Finistral and the windows are just great. The installer made a very good work and they are the same that install Schuco.
They told me that Finistral and Schuco have the same efficiency for thermic and noise isolation, but Finistral is a better looking window. I would like to know if Shuco Corona AS60 is a good choice comparing price and efficiency.

Anyone can help me with a decision?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

You must be in Europe(?) to be comparing these brands and model numbers. If I am not mistaken, these windows are on hinges and swing outward. Am I correct?

quim

That's true

#3 Post by quim »

I'm from Portugal, and that's the kind of window.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

We Schuco dealers don't sell these window series here in the U.S.
That said, I don't think the Schuco AS60 and the Finistral 500 are straight across apples to apples, thus the possible price difference between the two as well as the difference in looks.
You should ask your Schuco dealer to price out something like the Corona CT70 Cava or CT70 Rondo. Those 2 windows more approximate the look and build of the 500 series Finistral, if that is the look you like. He would be able to confirm my suspicion that the Schuco 70 series is what competes directly with the Finistral 500.
FenEx, maybe you could even e-mail your Austrian window expert friend and ask him if my assumptions are correct.