Help! Replacing Andersen Narrowline windows from 1989

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Help! Replacing Andersen Narrowline windows from 1989

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Well except for the glass loss I think the vinyl insert units will be the best for you. I would either do soft-lite imperial LS or Okna 400 or 800.
You do not have to cap the exterior and then you save a fair amount of money. But the capping does make all look new.
We do not use qtr round on the inside we use RWD extend trim.
Just to add more info we offer the vinyl windows as a full frame install for $200 more than the standard insert project.
So hypothetically lets say your insert price is @ $600, to do as a full taer out-full frame replacement would be $800 with primed interior casing.

Delaware Mike

#17 Post by Delaware Mike »

Well, we finished up on our Andersen sash tear-out project and I've finally gotten a rainy day to play on the computer. I set up a Flickr account but really haven't ironed out all of the details on how to upload all of the appropriate photos of the project. I'll have my computer friend walk me through posting some of them when he gets some time.

TheWindowNerd

#18 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We look forward to the pics.

Conanc

#19 Post by Conanc »

Delaware Mike wrote:Well, we finished up on our Andersen sash tear-out project and I've finally gotten a rainy day to play on the computer. I set up a Flickr account but really haven't ironed out all of the details on how to upload all of the appropriate photos of the project. I'll have my computer friend walk me through posting some of them when he gets some time.
Great! Thank you. All of the information here has been very helpful and I am looking forward to seeing your photos.

Conanc

#20 Post by Conanc »

Hi,
Any luck with uploading the photos? Thank you.

Delaware Mike

#21 Post by Delaware Mike »

I uploaded them to a online photo account but just got slammed with installs and the local Millwright hall called me onto a little 3 week job that requires some travel, thus I been working like 16-hour days with no time off. One of my installers is a real computer wiz and I'll see if he can and I can get together tonight and link them up. Sorry.........

Conanc

#22 Post by Conanc »

Delaware Mike wrote:I uploaded them to a online photo account but just got slammed with installs and the local Millwright hall called me onto a little 3 week job that requires some travel, thus I been working like 16-hour days with no time off. One of my installers is a real computer wiz and I'll see if he can and I can get together tonight and link them up. Sorry.........
No problem - it's good to have work. I appreciate your taking the time to make it happen whenever you get the chance.

Delaware Mike

#23 Post by Delaware Mike »

Conanc, I finally transferred all of the pics to the Flicker account. There are a ton of them, like 64 or something. I tried to create 3 groups for you. The first group kind of shows the Andersen window in stages having the sashes removed. The second group just shows most of the windows as they looked when I got there. Finally, the third group shows how the new windows looked with new trim and exterior capping. My computer buddy told me that was the hard part. Tomorrow night he is going to show me on how to post some of the pictures to the board that may help you understand what we have been talking about. Hopefully we can provide some type of link to the various groups so you can get a broad understanding of what your project may look like. I'm not sure how that will work as I don't want to violate any board rules.

Good grief, I know that I'm not the "Ginsu knife", but I didn't think that I was the butter knife either!!!!!!!!!!!

Conanc

#24 Post by Conanc »

Delaware Mike wrote:Conanc, I finally transferred all of the pics to the Flicker account. There are a ton of them, like 64 or something. I tried to create 3 groups for you. The first group kind of shows the Andersen window in stages having the sashes removed. The second group just shows most of the windows as they looked when I got there. Finally, the third group shows how the new windows looked with new trim and exterior capping. My computer buddy told me that was the hard part. Tomorrow night he is going to show me on how to post some of the pictures to the board that may help you understand what we have been talking about. Hopefully we can provide some type of link to the various groups so you can get a broad understanding of what your project may look like. I'm not sure how that will work as I don't want to violate any board rules.

Good grief, I know that I'm not the "Ginsu knife", but I didn't think that I was the butter knife either!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for working on the photos. I really appreciate it!

Delaware Mike

#25 Post by Delaware Mike »

Well, here is my first try: http://www.flickr.com/photos/windowpro42/

Windows on Washington

#26 Post by Windows on Washington »

looks clean DM

Delaware Mike

#27 Post by Delaware Mike »

Thanks Eric.

Conanc

#28 Post by Conanc »

Wow. Thank you so much for posting these photos! They really helped so much and seeing them in the three groups was GREAT! The "before" photos look just like our existing Andersen windows and the finished result is beautiful.

Wish you were local and worked in Rhode Island!! :D

Thank you again!!
Nancy

wellstep

#29 Post by wellstep »

Conanc,

See that this a a few months old but I ma having the same issue and noticed you are in Rhode Island and so am I I was hoping if you could give me some information on what you did as I have the same windows and about the same amount.

Thanks.