different size lites on picture window (replacement)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
grashopperis

different size lites on picture window (replacement)

#1 Post by grashopperis »

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to the site. A homeowner trying to take advantage of the tax credit. Some handy skills but not up to the task of putting in high windows. I just purchased 14 silverline 8500 series replacement windows. The 12 DH's were fine but when we put in the 2 picture replacements, my wife and I noticed the grids were uneven (big difference in the lite sizes). Not misaligned grids but different size lites. They are 16 lite windows and every lite has a different size lite next to it. The grid spacing should be a system of simple math to match length and width in a given opening. has anyone seen or dealt with this problem? We have a small complement dh on each side of each picture window. The windows are not calked, trimmed or screwed in yet just being held by a couple anchors so the won't fall out. Calling the manafacturer tomorrow to see what my options are. I can't belive they left the factory like this. I would appreciate all comments.

TheWindowNerd

Re: different size lites on picture window (replacement)

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

based on your description sounds like a mfg error. have your supplier come take pictures and get it fixed.
More than likely you can just get the new glass and reglazeit, that way you can complete your install. Check with supplier 1st and get response by fax or email(in writing).

grashopperis

#3 Post by grashopperis »

Thanks Anthony... I'll contact my lumber yard in the am. A little off would have been fine but it looks like someone left the quality control room that day.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

anthony wrote:based on your description sounds like a mfg error. have your supplier come take pictures and get it fixed.
More than likely you can just get the new glass and reglazeit, that way you can complete your install. Check with supplier 1st and get response by fax or email(in writing).
+1

fenestrationman

#5 Post by fenestrationman »

Were the grids in the fixed made to align with nearby double hungs? Also, the grid blocks may be different in size due to the possible difference in the master frame extrusion from the hungs to the fixed.