Window World vs. Champion...my head is spinning

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
lynseypdxda

Window World vs. Champion...my head is spinning

#1 Post by lynseypdxda »

Window World came out last week and we were fairly impressed with their Low-e windows but the salesman himself said that these new windows would not make a significant difference in our sound and heating/cooling costs. He gave us the impression that they do not "trim all of the windows?? His quote was about $6000.00.

Today, Champion came out and gave me a quote of about $9500. The product does indeed seem nicer and they have the "Comfort 365" glass. The salesman does indeed seem more knowledgeable than the WW salesman but are Champion windows really THAT much more superior than Window World's. Is the Comfort 365 a step above Low-e? Is it worth the extra cost? The salesman compared WW to Champion as "oranges to grapefruit." But I have learned to trust no one.

I would prefer not to throw crap on the house...but don't want to waste money on a similar product and just pay for Champion's advertising fees. I am so torn and confused, hubby wants to go with the more expensive because he assumes they must be better. We live in Oregon if that is of any relevance. HEEEELP please!

toddinmn

Re: Window World vs. Champion...my head is spinning

#2 Post by toddinmn »

Most of your questions can be answered using the search button.Most will tell you to use neither of the windows mentioned and will recommend Soft-lite,Sunrise,Simonton,Gorrell and Plygem even though the latter has somewhat high air infiltration numbers.

Skydawggy.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

Why don't you get a couple of estimates from a local window contractor, not a chain? I'm sure the local guy would appreciate the business and he might just offer you a better value.

screenpass

#4 Post by screenpass »

most reputable dealers use sub contractors at some point lets be real. however,they need to be good sub contractors.
window world uses Alside windows so right there i would knock them off the list.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd also recommend checking out some locally owned window installation companies. You'll likely find better products, installation, and service. I'm not sure what's available in your neck of the woods, but Gorell and Softlite are a couple great products. WW's Alside is not, and Champion's product is okay, but typically not worth the price they want.

Double Hung

#6 Post by Double Hung »

lynseypdxda,

Wondering what choice you ultimately made - if there is any feed back you could provide it would be most appreciated.

Hope whichever window choice you selected; Champion, Window World or something entirely different, it turned out well for you.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

I'd check into the other options suggestd