Problems Getting PlyGem Premiums on the West Coast

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
too-old-for-this

Problems Getting PlyGem Premiums on the West Coast

#1 Post by too-old-for-this »

I have posted the question: Is the PlyGem Premium line available on the West Coast the same window as that manufactured in the old Great Lakes plant in Ohio? I got the impression from talking to the district rep for ALL of Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and, I think, Montana, that the Premium windows made in Sacramento, Calif. are not the same. When I phoned Ply Gem and left a message about this with their home sales rep, I got no response. Now the time is running out for rebates and tax incentives and I still don/t know if I should be favoring PlyGem Premiums or Milgard Tuscany from a different dealer/installer. Does anyone sell/ install these windows? and could you compare the two lines for me?
Time is of the essence! Here is the title of the original thread here: Re: Ply Gem Premium or Simonton 5500?Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 pm
Thanks,
Pete

Skydawggy.

Re: Problems Getting PlyGem Premiums on the West Coast

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

Can't help you with the PlyGem, but have you gone to Simontons site and entered your zip code in the dealer locater? They make 2 excellent lines of windows for the West Coast and have a pretty large presence there.

too-old-for-this

#3 Post by too-old-for-this »

The nearest Simonton installer is about 50 miles away and he doesn't have a license in our community or approval from the local public utility to get rebates. He told me to get another brand that was available here.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The Plygem premium is superior to the Milgard IMHO... I do not know however if that product is available in your market.