WindowRama

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
FenEx

WindowRama

#1 Post by FenEx »

Although I try to avoid specific direction of negative opinons towards individual dealerships... I am compelled to share this.

In an effort to help a consumer, I placed a call for information and pricing for some windows to a relatively large window chain (18 locations), WindowRama. They are located throughout NY, NJ and CT as well as some surrounding areas on the East-Coast.

When I placed my call, I clearly identified myself as an individual calling on behalf of one of their regular window purchasers in the area and needed specifics for a knowledgeable consumer seeking an energy efficient product. They connected me to their best resource.

This individual had no clue about industry technology. For starters, he stated, U-factors don't matter, and , "EVERY window in the industry has a U-.32 to a U-.34." He ranted nonsense for awhile. Instead of ruining his day, I allowed him to continue with his BS. I then called superiors for accurate information... who tranferred me to superiors.... who transferred me to superiors... etc...etc... until I reached the regional rep. I shared the inforamtion with him, and asked for the correct information. I was rudely told to call the store I called in the first place. Similar conversations have been had over the last year. Enough proof for me.

I understand more and more everyday... why people visit these sites.

As for WindowRama... their expressed knowledge is 20+ years out-dated, their service is less than I would consider POOR... but they have accomplished one great thing. They have added to my inspiration to make a positive change in this industry. WindowRama... Welcome to my Sh--List. I don't care what brands you carry... you might give them some sales... but you don't do them justice.

It's sad, that when dealers or manufacturers know you can be a thorn... they are very cooperative, but if they think you are the average phone call... you are a click away from being forgotten. GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

FenEx

skidmark845

#2 Post by skidmark845 »

Unfortunately people, contractors and companies like WindowRama are the norm and not the exception.......It's amazing the amount of lies I have encountered when trying to get anything done on my house.