Simonton Impressions 7500

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MikeM

Simonton Impressions 7500

#1 Post by MikeM »

Hello,

I'm currently trying to research the Simonton 7500 window. I'm having a hard time finding information on this window -- perhaps it is only sold by certain dealers? Does anyone know how this window compares with the 9800 or the Home-Depot sold 6500? The Simonton web-page and the brochure I got for this window don't even match as far as specs go.

Anyway I'm trying to compare the Simonton 7500 against Preservation. Simonton is about $3000 cheaper and I'm trying to determing if it's a better deal. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Mike:

That window is a private label line; I have it available to me. It’s basically a 9800 with a different lift handle. Same weather stripping package and all the glass systems available in the 9800 can be had.

It's nicer looking then the 6500 and is triple weatherstripped as opposed to double. Higher end glass packages are available with the 7500.

I have never seen the Preservation window so based on this description maybe someone who knows the Alside line can lend a hand with comparison.

Bill

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If the 7500 is basically the same window as the 9800, then I wouldn't pay anything more for the Preservation. The 9800 is a nice window and is every bit as good as the Preservation.
I personally like the sill a lot better on the Simonton too.

MikeM

#4 Post by MikeM »

Bill & Window4U, thanks very much for the info. After comparing the salesman's brochure for the 7500 with the website's description of the 9800, I was beginning to think they were basically the same window, so this is very reassuring.

Again, thank you. It is very easy to get confused when trying to learn about windows, and help from people like you is invaluable.

-Mike