BetterBilt windows???

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jeff1995

Re: BetterBilt windows???

#31 Post by jeff1995 »

I am in the Los Angeles area. I do not know of the building market in your area. I do not think anyone on this board does either, as mentioned before. I am thinking that you are going to need 3-4 additional quotes on better window products. Simonton, Milgard are available in your area. These are mid to good products in your area, and are a starting point for your search in my opinion. IMO insist on low-e3 for your glass option. Only with additional quotes are you going to have a better 'feel' for what is fair pricing in your area. Contractors offering you the builder or worse grade windows should be avoided.

z06mike

#32 Post by z06mike »

Here is a quote for you to go off of. Is this reasonable? Good product? Good configuration?

z06mike

#33 Post by z06mike »

jeff1995 wrote:I am in the Los Angeles area. I do not know of the building market in your area. I do not think anyone on this board does either, as mentioned before. I am thinking that you are going to need 3-4 additional quotes on better window products. Simonton, Milgard are available in your area. These are mid to good products in your area, and are a starting point for your search in my opinion. IMO insist on low-e3 for your glass option. Only with additional quotes are you going to have a better 'feel' for what is fair pricing in your area. Contractors offering you the builder or worse grade windows should be avoided.

I see one dealer here for Milgard. Which model should I ask for?

jeff1995

#34 Post by jeff1995 »

Tuscany line. On your Simonton 5050 products, that series is not offered to my company on the West coast. The u-values and SHGC are adequate. If you have priced this from a 'box' store, keep shopping. Good Luck

z06mike

#35 Post by z06mike »

jeff1995 wrote:Tuscany line. On your Simonton 5050 products, that series is not offered to my company on the West coast. The u-values and SHGC are adequate. If you have priced this from a 'box' store, keep shopping. Good Luck

Ok, I will ask about those. No, this is through a contractor out here.

Randy

#36 Post by Randy »

In the quote you attached there are some windows with Low-E366 and others with ProSolar Low-E. In El Paso, you should go with 366 in all of the windows. Additionally, if you go with Simonton, make sure you get the windows reinforced, which is not included in your quote.

Milgard's Tuscany line would certainly be worth considering, since your options are so limited in your area.

z06mike

#37 Post by z06mike »

Randy wrote:In the quote you attached there are some windows with Low-E366 and others with ProSolar Low-E. In El Paso, you should go with 366 in all of the windows. Additionally, if you go with Simonton, make sure you get the windows reinforced, which is not included in your quote.

Milgard's Tuscany line would certainly be worth considering, since your options are so limited in your area.

I have a guy coming out to quote me on the Tuscany on Friday morning. I went to see him a little while ago and he told me he would quote me on the 3-D Max. Is that the higher end of Tuscany? Are there different Tuscany models, like Tuscany 2500, 5500, etc. or is just one line period?

I asked him a few specific questions and he wanted to know if I was another dealer or something :lol:. The spacer he showed me look like a foam one and the windows looked very nice and clean!

Windows on Washington

#38 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tuscany = Tuscany.

No different lines in that window, just different operators.

jeff1995

#39 Post by jeff1995 »

3D Max the the low-e 3 glass that you NEED. It also has argon gas, that you might not need. Milgard does not use the foam spacer here in California, but might still use it in your area.

z06mike

#40 Post by z06mike »

Are the Milgard Styleline just as good as the Tuscany?

Windows on Washington

#41 Post by Windows on Washington »

Probably. The Styleline is typically used for new construction.