Going to cancel Renewal by Andersen contract

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mnconsumer

Going to cancel Renewal by Andersen contract

#1 Post by mnconsumer »

Signed a contract with Renewal by Andersen in MN on Thursday and have decided to use my 3 business day window and cancel it. Why?

1) Looked up their BBB rating. While it's an A they've had 7 complaints filed in the last year alone. IF you have good customer service why would people be filing complaints with the BBB? Something's wrong here.
2) Checked out Angies list and it seems that their quality in the past year has gone down. They used to garner an A rating and are now at a B.
3) It was for their brand new casement which they redesigned this year. It's a much better looking window than their previous casement, but the Andersen rep let something slip when he said I had ordered these at a good time since new products have some problems to work out. After I thought about this I decided to let them work on the problems with someone else. I do like the fact that they can bond wood veneer and you have the look of a wood window. Looks like Marvin may be the only other options.

I have 3 friends who in the past did have the RBA windows installed and said they were happy with them.

However, the reviews here are horrible. They honestly sound like the worst window you could ever have installed.

For the money they charge, I expect NO complaints with the BBB, an A rating from Angies list and mostly glowing comments.

Glad I did a bit more research before continuing. Back to the drawing board.

Windows on Washington

Re: Going to cancel Renewal by Andersen contract

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

At the price that RBA wants for their window, you can get a good wood window with an exterior cladding.

Marvin Infinity is also and option. I would look at the Inline fiberglass window as well (they have a great oak veneer).

TheNickster

#3 Post by TheNickster »

Well, it's 2017 now guys and Renewal by Andersen (RBA) just quoted me a little over $2500.00 per window installed! I have 65 x 39 (horizontal) slider windows and was quoted almost $23, 000 dollars to replace 9 (nine!) identical ones in my simple ranch-style home! Granted, these were full-frame, wood-veneer inside and using their best quality glass but c'mon - the most expensive aluminum-clad window I found from other manufacturers is about $800/each and if I went with fiberglass-clad I could get that down to about $300.00 each. For RBA to add a french-style patio door was another $5, 000 so for about $28000 I could have had the entire job done. Sorry, I get that these are good windows, but no way in h-e-double toothpick am I going to drop nearly thirty grand on 9 windows and a door.

Oh...and those quotes were AFTER they had taken 20% off and another 8% and another 3% if I ordered the same day as the presentation. The full (non-discounted) quote RBA gave me for these 9 windows and a patio door was $40, 000!!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Nickster, do us a favor buddy..
Can you post a copy of both the front and back of that renewal contract? Of course cross out your name and address.