Marvin Door Locking Mechanism - How to Fix?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
roothy123

Marvin Door Locking Mechanism - How to Fix?

#1 Post by roothy123 »

We have a Marvin patio door we purchased in 1997. The lock is a "Truth Swinging Patio Door Active Multi-Point Lock." It has completely broken, and Marvin no longer repairs these doors and locks. We are at a loss as to how to get this fixed. We'd rather replace the locking mechanism than buy an entirely new door. Any ideas?

Windows on Washington

Re: Marvin Door Locking Mechanism - How to Fix?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Does Marvin have a suggestion? Did they tell you who made the hardware? If so, call them about the replacement part.

If not, what part of it broke? You might find a locksmith that can re-engineer or fix the existing unit.

roothy123

#3 Post by roothy123 »

Thanks. Marvin simply told us they don't service that door and lock, and I should look for fixes on the internet or contact a locksmith. We've contacted a locksmith.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is very un-Marvin like but see if you can track down who made the lock and go from there.

greg d

#5 Post by greg d »

If you have what was called the Safe T Plus door, you are out of luck. That door was discontinued the year after you purchased it.
Go to this site and check out the Parts Manual. You may have another door in which case you should be able to get parts from a Marvin dealer.
http://www.marvin.com/windows-and-doors/parts-manual/

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I was researching parts for one of my customers and saw this"Tru Lock Multi point converson kit" listed at StryBuc.com.

B&B Denver

#7 Post by B&B Denver »

Realizing this particular thread is very old, I am hoping someone has updated info regarding these Marvin doors. I just bought a home with the same problem—doors likely from 1997/98 timeframe with one door latch/mortise that has completely seized up. Had a locksmith come and a certified Marvin repair person as well: no luck. Advice received is that I may just have to buy a new $6k patio (double French) to remedy....Really?

marvinlock

#8 Post by marvinlock »

Hello B&B Denver - I am in same situation with a 1998 Marvin Multi-point lock....did you find a solution?

thanks!
Steve

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Steve,

Unless he has alerts set, unlikely to get someone to come back from a 5 year old post. Can you post up some pictures and/or videos of what is doing on your locks?