Trying to decide between windows-recieved 5 different quotes

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mandmboys

Trying to decide between windows-recieved 5 different quotes

#1 Post by mandmboys »

1st time poster. I've read a lot of the posts on this board and it's excellent information. I live in Wisconsin. I have had 5 people come give me quotes. As of now I've had Pella,Champion,2 local places(WASCO and Window Tight) and a local installer that uses Soft Lite Pro. How do the Soft Light Pro's rate? They will all be casement windows with the exception of a half round on top of one of the sets of casements. From looking on this board it seems like not to many professionals like Pella or Champion. There is one other installer that I want to check out and they install Elements. Is there going to be a big price difference between Elements and Pro's? For Wisconsin weather should I look for a higher SHRC? One other question for the professionals out there. When wrapping the outside brick mold of the half round window, what is the best way to do that? The one installer I had out said it can't be a single piece of aluminum. Is this true? Is there a product out there that curves around the outside of the half round? I just want a clean look, as this window is in the front of our house. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Dave

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Trying to decide between windows-recieved 5 different quotes

#2 Post by masterext »

depending on where you are in Wisconsin, there is a pro that frequents this board and devotes his free time helping homeowners with window questions. i am pretty sure he serves your area and i think your best bet would be to contact him. he goes by the name " HomeSealed" . you can do a board search and then click the contact button. he is a very nice guy and a true professional that offers a wide range of quality products.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

There's only one pro here that knows the ins and outs of your area; the products available, best installation methods, etc... HomeSealed should absolutely be consulted. You'll find him to be truly professional, very knowledgeable, and very fair with his pricing.

HomeSealed is an Okna dealer, and their products are very comparable to Soft-lite's in terms of quality construction and efficiency.

mandmboys

#4 Post by mandmboys »

Thank you for the replies. I sent him a request. His company is actually about 3 miles from my house.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Win, win!

You can't go wrong with Brandon.

Great guy.