Harvey Tribute triple vs Okna 500

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
madmax

Harvey Tribute triple vs Okna 500

#1 Post by madmax »

All - replacing 35 windows in Pa. and contractor and I are discussing window options. He is high on Harvey Tribute. I reviewed the Okna 800's and 500's and remain impressed with function, look and ratings. That said, I saw a loaded tribute tonight with the right grill, triple pane, krypton, self cleaning etc. I was quoted 390.00 for the full size replacement window which comes with every available option, recognizing that I can strip out what I don't want/need. Looks like the base window that Tribute offers and I like will run approx 275 w/o install. These will fit the larger frame windows on first floor with an install price of 125-150 per. The upstairs openings are smaller and the window price will shrink as well. Are the 500's a better window? Will they be more expensive than the Tribute? Any downside to Harvey Tribute? Price in ballpark for Tribute window and install? Thanks for help!

HomeSealed

Re: Harvey Tribute triple vs Okna 500

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Yes. The 500 is one of the top window choices that you'll find. If you want to compare apples to apples, compare the thermal and structural ratings that are tested by independent third parties. I would not say that the Harvey is bad by any stretch, but they do not offer a window that even approaches the level of the 500 series... Pricing is dependent entirely on each individual dealer.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

agree with above.. Harvey Tribute isnt bad, just not in the same league as the okna. okna double pane in the 500 series gets a total U-factor of .25 with a DP structural rating of 50 and an air leakage rate of .02.
You can also step up to the new Okna 600 series " EcoPro". Its slightly above the 500 but at a similar price point. Has some nice features.
Harvey gets a .30 ufactor in double pane and a DP 30 and an air leakage rate above .1.. its obvious okna is much better using every conceivable metric. also, Harvey Tribute in triple pane Krypton only renders a .22 uFactor whereas Okna gets a . 19 in Argon. with Krypton, okna gets a .16 or .15..
Harvey also uses very thin walls which to me ,makes it appear flimsy.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would just add that I would be cautious of a contractor selling and installed triple pane, krypton, grids, self-cleaning glass window for $390 per opening.

With margins at that lean a number, I would be concerned about the company's sustainability and resultant labor coverage warranty down the road.

madmax

#5 Post by madmax »

Sorry. Install price on each is going tobe 150 per opening. Is the total Harvey price close to what I would pay for an Okna 500?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

ok, the cost of Tribute is 390 per window and then add 150 for install? total?
thats more realistic.. an install for just replacement is between 160- 200 in my area so your price for install is in line. obviously new construction is much more.
i think you may be surprised by taking a look at the okna 500 pricing.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. That price sounds within the range of reason. As I always say, pricing can vary substantially by dealer, but it is not out of the realm of reason to find the 500 in that range. It may just be with argon instead of krypton, be even if that is the case it still achieves a better u value along with every other performance rating.