Marvin Integrity All-Ultrex vs. Pella Impervia

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
hammer

Marvin Integrity All-Ultrex vs. Pella Impervia

#1 Post by hammer »

I have abandoned the world of vinyl windows in my search for replacement windows due to their appearance in my 40 year old house. I am now looking at fiberglass and fiberglass outside/wood inside combos and having to accept a more expensive project. These are the two windows in the final running, and I was wondering if anyone has an opinion. The Integrity gives me the option of a fiberglass exterior and a wood interior but the Impervia does not. Beyond that, I would appreciate some feedback/opinions.

Delaware Mike

Re: Marvin Integrity All-Ultrex vs. Pella Impervia

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I personally think that the Impervia is about the ugliest window that I've seen to date other than bulky low-end vinyl. If I showed a Sunrise Vanguard, OKNA 800, or Soft-Lite LS, and an Impervia all side by side to 100 homeowners, 99 of them would pick the one of the vinyl offerings. The cat that likes the Impervia most likely would also have a Pontiac Aztec parked in the driveway. Marvin makes some nice fiberglass products.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Another great fiberglass option is InLine fiberglass. They are also available with a red oak laminated interior.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you are deadset on fiberglass, InLine and Marvin (in that order) are two of the best.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Delaware Mike wrote: The cat that likes the Impervia most likely would also have a Pontiac Aztec parked in the driveway.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, you clearly have not seen some of the nicer vinyl choices if you have narrowed it down to those two based on appearance (let's not even get into performance).
Last edited by HomeSealed on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

:?:

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

If this were Jeopardy, the subject of your of your post would be the answer to the following question: "What are the ugliest windows made by two manufacturers that have built their reputations on beautiful wood offerings?"