I Need New Windows?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Nauteal

I Need New Windows?

#1 Post by Nauteal »

NEW to forum - I live on a lake with SW exposure in the Carolinas. My windows are wood and 14 years old. The wood has been tough to maintain, hardly been able to keep paint on them. Recently my biggest window a 6' x 6' fixed window lost its seal and is ghosting up. Looking for feedback on a brand to replace with. Things that I have seen that I don't care for - wrapping the brick mold with aluminum of what I seen really looks bad. I have a circle-top over that 6 x 6 and the job I have seen on those done by some installers looks like a pie crust. This won't work. Some type of vinyl with a vinyl brick mold seems to make sense. Who has it? Interested in feedback. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: I Need New Windows?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you are not going to wrap, full tear out is probably preferred. They make several windows with an applied vinyl or composit brickmold.

Nauteal

#3 Post by Nauteal »

Thanks for your response - I have found one manufacturer so far, I am looking for more, but the rest I have run into are all about the wrap system. The one I have located is RESTORATlONS by SUNRlSE. It has not been in my area long. It is a smaller profile of brick mold but is attractive. I have only seen it on a straight edge and have no idea about how they handle the brick mold along the circle-top.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Simonton is another company that can provide an applied brick moulding, at least in Pro Classic.
Sunrise Restorations is a better window and probably the best you will find.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, although an "integral" brickmold should not limit your search. You(or your installer) can get custom made and/or flexible brickmold from various sources if you prefer another window choice. The restorations is a very good window.