Window sash replace for Norco casements

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
janfmoyer

Window sash replace for Norco casements

#1 Post by janfmoyer »

I am in the process of replacing the window sash (around window and frame) on a Norco metal clad casement window. I can't seem to locate a supplier. Anybody have any ideas?

HomeSealed

Re: Window sash replace for Norco casements

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Norco is out of business, but Jeldwen supplies service parts for their products. Best bet would be to locate a Jeldwen dealer....
If I may add one piece of unsolicited advice: I would get a quote or two on window replacement as well. I have had clients in the past price out sash replacement for their Norco's, and it gets dangerously close to the cost of window replacement. That and you can get an upgraded product to boot. Just my $.02. :wink:

janfmoyer

#3 Post by janfmoyer »

Hey thanks. I knew Norco was out of business. We remodeled this house and left many of the Norcos in. This particular window may just need to be pulled and replaced. The sash on the new Jeldwens don't match the norco and I think Norco got bought out by Jeldwen.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

janfmoyer wrote:Hey thanks. I knew Norco was out of business. We remodeled this house and left many of the Norcos in. This particular window may just need to be pulled and replaced. The sash on the new Jeldwens don't match the norco and I think Norco got bought out by Jeldwen.
Correct... I'm not sure if they were "bought out", or just purchased their assets after they went under. Either way, jeldwen is your only option for service parts. Did you see the sash that Jeldwen sells as a replacement and determine that it does not match? I've never actually seen it, as the handful of clients that I've had in this situation have all opted for full replacement. I was under the impression that it was a direct fit, but again, I've not seen it to confirm that.

janfmoyer

#5 Post by janfmoyer »

Just compared to the new windows we installed. Old has an ogee style, new is more square.