Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Delaware Mike

Re: Windows

#16 Post by Delaware Mike »

Did the Sunrise dealer only present the Essentials line? I'm not a real fan of that particular series from my experience. I tend to only recommend the Vanguards, Restorations, or regular Sunrise series for very specific reasons. Price sounds about right regarding the Cabernets. If you saw the Vanguards side by side with the Cabernets, I think that you would find the lines of the Vanguards much more appealing.

wysp94

#17 Post by wysp94 »

Whats everyones feedback on Affinity? I have a very competitive quote for the Affinity Energex Elite. They are offereing me those windows at the price of BF Rich and Sunrise.

Randy

#18 Post by Randy »

You could sure save yourself a lot of hassle by getting with Delaware Mike, if he services your area. Not only does he know the region and what products should be avoided, but he also provides the quality of installation that ensures the windows perform to their capability. Installation is every bit as important as the window choice, and you won't do better than Mike, I assure you.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#19 Post by masterext »

I agree, definitely get in touch with "Delaware mike". He is a great guy and a great contractor.

Delaware Mike

#20 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sounds like a fair deal on the AWI Energex Elite which is Affinity's best offering. Knowing what all three of these windows cost us dealers wholesale I'd say that Elite would cost a dealer more than the Essential window to purchase, but less than that of the Cabernet. Comparing the Elite to the Cabernet is a real interesting comparison. The shade of white that both of these series share is more of a linen white as opposed to a more common but just as nice cream/soft/painters white. I prefer the sill design and locking system of the Energex Elite to that of the Cabernet. I don't like that water drainage weep holes system and sill bulkiness of the Cabernet. The rolled lift rails of the cabernet are a little dated also, but that's just nit picking. The Cabernet is still a decent window by a nice manufacturer.

I'm not sure what type of meeting rail reinforcement the Cabernet utilizes? Could be metal? The Elite utilizes a state of the art composite meeting rail stiffener that has a real neat story. The real deciding factor between the two dealers would be the quality of installation and your overall gut feeling from how the sales rep portrayed his employer.

wysp94

#21 Post by wysp94 »

Thanks Mike! You obviously know a lot about windows and their performance.
My last question is- the company is offering me the affinity elite series installed for about $5000. To get my business and hopefully earn more in my community they will upgrade it to the triple pane at no charge. Should I be concerned with this or is it a standard practice? To me, after reading all the window reviews, this window seems to be the best option. Thanks

Windows on Washington

#22 Post by Windows on Washington »

Upgrading someone to a triple pane option is certainly a normal spiff in terms of window sales cycles.

TheWindowNerd

#23 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I really hope you click on Mike's "Get A Quote" button. He is in the top 3 of installers that I know.

theWindowNerd....

Delaware Mike

#24 Post by Delaware Mike »

$5K for the Energex Elite with a free upgrade to triple is a killer deal. Sounds like a good choice provided that you feel confident that you will be receiving a quality installation.

wysp94

#25 Post by wysp94 »

Delaware Mike wrote:$5K for the Energex Elite with a free upgrade to triple is a killer deal. Sounds like a good choice provided that you feel confident that you will be receiving a quality installation.
Hey Mike,

Do you think its too good of a deal? Would you offer that to a customer?
Have you ever heard of Majestic Home Remodeling? They are the ones that gave me the quote.

Thanks

Delaware Mike

#26 Post by Delaware Mike »

I don't see or get the vibe of any type "too good too be true" type of monkey business on their behalf. It's not uncommon for a novice sales rep to possibly miss some costly details from time to time, but I doubt that's the case. I have heard of Majestic before. Looks like they're based out of West Berlin and I have a couple of projects out that way and may have seen some of their ads or yard signs before. Most recently as of last Friday I was up at the AWI plant picking up an order that I wanted right away and saw several orders with Majestic's name of the order labels. They're legit. I can't tell you anything about the quality of their installations as one would have no way to gain that kind of knowledge unless they previously worked for certain window dealer.

Most of us here on these boards really try to refrain from commenting on pricing because we can never really see the installation details and pricing really can vary demographically speaking. Also, the size of the window dealership and their overhead is huge contributing factor.

wysp94

#27 Post by wysp94 »

Delaware Mike wrote:I don't see or get the vibe of any type "too good too be true" type of monkey business on their behalf. It's not uncommon for a novice sales rep to possibly miss some costly details from time to time, but I doubt that's the case. I have heard of Majestic before. Looks like they're based out of West Berlin and I have a couple of projects out that way and may have seen some of their ads or yard signs before. Most recently as of last Friday I was up at the AWI plant picking up an order that I wanted right away and saw several orders with Majestic's name of the order labels. They're legit. I can't tell you anything about the quality of their installations as one would have no way to gain that kind of knowledge unless they previously worked for certain window dealer.

Most of us here on these boards really try to refrain from commenting on pricing because we can never really see the installation details and pricing really can vary demographically speaking. Also, the size of the window dealership and their overhead is huge contributing factor.
Thanks Mike, you have been very helpful and we definitely appreciate your feedback.