Window Companies

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
wysp94

Window Companies

#1 Post by wysp94 »

I'm struggling to make a decision between 2 companies - one comes highly recommended and been in business for 50+ years, the other I don't know much about and has only been in business a year - Majestic. After doing some research I found the owner of Majestic (only opened for a year) has the same last name as the owner of Dreamhouse. I have seen some bad reviews about Dreamhouse and saw they were in a lawsuit with a local competitor and filed bankruptcy a year ago. I found it a little odd that a family member would open up a competing window store in the same town - actually less than a mile away. I'm worried that if Dreamhouse doesn't have the best reputation and that it is the same people running Majestic. Thoughts on what I found out about Majestic?

Delaware Mike

Re: Window Companies

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

There is a lot to be said for being in the window business for 50+ years. May I ask how you stumbled upon Majestic being out your neck of the woods? Philly Home Show? Have you seen the OKNA 800dx yet.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

While every company is a new company at some point and therefore somebody has to be one of the first customers, based on what you've found out, I would not do business with the company.

In this industry it is not uncommon for a company to get into trouble with creditors and/or customers, shut down, and reopen under a different name. Doing business with such a company is taking a very big and unnecessary risk with your home and your money.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Randy wrote:
In this industry it is not uncommon for a company to get into trouble with creditors and/or customers, shut down, and reopen under a different name. Doing business with such a company is taking a very big and unnecessary risk with your home and your money.
+1, I'd have to strongly agree unless you have a tremendous appetite for taking risks... Let me clarify that I don't know anything about the particular company in question, but the situation as you describe it is one that I would not recommend.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

HomeSealed wrote:
Randy wrote:
+1, I'd have to strongly agree unless you have a tremendous appetite for taking risks... Let me clarify that I don't know anything about the particular company in question, but the situation as you describe it is one that I would not recommend.
There is quite a back story to the whole gossip behind this. It's not really funny, but it would be kind of like being a comedian being sued by Charlie Sheen for mimicking his "Winning" comedy tour as your own idea. LOL........................

wysp94

#6 Post by wysp94 »

I stumbled upon Majestic by filling out an online request for a quote that got sent to them. The Sale's person was good and not high pressure (maybe this was the sale's tactic), but the deal he was offering was better than anyone and after researching I'm a little hesitant. From the feedback I'm getting on here I think it may be better to go locally with someone that comes highly recommended. Any other thoughts on this company?

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You are doing yourself a large disservice by not contacting Delaware Mike.
He will help you pick the right product for your home, lots of great offerinfs, some which you have mentioned.
Mike is an outstanding guy, not something to find in this industry.

TheWindowNerd...

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

anthony wrote:You are doing yourself a large disservice by not contacting Delaware Mike.
He will help you pick the right product for your home, lots of great offerinfs, some which you have mentioned.
Mike is an outstanding guy, not something to find in this industry.

TheWindowNerd...
I don't want this to sound like a shameless plug, but I have to agree. Straight shooter with a few of the top products and impeccable install quality. You can click the Get a Quote button by his name if you would like to contact him.

On the other company, again without any knowledge of their operation, it could be a pretty risky proposition to go with someone that has only been in business for a year and appears to have some controversy surrounding them.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

Delaware Mike is a true craftsman with great product offerings. As far as a "local company", i never fully understood that concept; go with the most qualified.
Besides, new jersey is a small state, almost everything is local.

wysp94

#10 Post by wysp94 »

Thank you to everyone on here for your opinions and knowledge. We are going to go with the company mentioned before that has been in business for 50+ yrs. They have done some quality installs for friends and they highly recommend their work.

Mike, I have tried to click on the "quote" button but it said you dont service this area. But I do have friends and family in your area so if they ever ask for advice, I will definitely send them your way.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

Just out is curiosity, which window brand did you choose?

wysp94

#12 Post by wysp94 »

Going with the BF Rich Cabernet series with the green shield package.