Simenton 5500 prices....is my quote too high????

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
YouGoGirl

Simenton 5500 prices....is my quote too high????

#1 Post by YouGoGirl »

Hi. I just received a quote today for 22 Simonton replacement windows. This includes removal, covering old trim, etc. The quote is $15,000. I am in western KY. Is this a fair price? Also.....are there other windows that compare to the Simonton that I should consider? I like the tan with a white interior . My other half doesn't seem to want to help me research this and I am at a total loss!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

YouGoGirl

Re: Simenton 5500 prices....is my quote too high????

#2 Post by YouGoGirl »

Also I'd like to add that the quote for each window is $542.00 The largest windows are 31x69. That seems high compared to the price I've seen for others here.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is certainly in the normal range in our area and bordering on the cheaper side if you figure in the two tone option.

What are you existing windows (i.e. what type of removal is required), what type of options, any wood rot, grids, etc?

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

Sunrise might be available in Kentucky, and if it is it would be a great option. If it's not, the 5500 is a good mid-grade vinyl window. As WoW said, the pricing isn't that high considering the two-tone option.

If you go with the 5500, I'd recommend adding the optional sash reinforcement.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

What am I missing in my math? $15k for 22 windows comes out to $682 per window, not $542...
I would agree that the $542 is actually on the low side for that window with the 2-tone color, while $682 would probably be on the higher end (but still not necessarily "too high").
I would also agree with randy's assessment of the product and your other potential options.

YouGoGirl

#6 Post by YouGoGirl »

HomeSealed, that is the price per window, and the total $15K includes everything. That makes $140 per window for installation. My windows are all old Carado double hung, wood on the inside, aluminum clad on the outside. They are 18 yrs old and over half have broken seals, and are sweating and rotting! That all happened after the 10 yr warranty expired, of course.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

So $542 for window only, no install? Seems like it would be a little on the steeper side of things, but not terribly so... I'd get another quote or 2 to compare. It is within the range of "normal" and costs vary by region, so that would be your best bet. :wink:

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Didn't know that was material only. That does change things. That is not as good a deal now.