Glass package discrepancy

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Matty33

Glass package discrepancy

#1 Post by Matty33 »

So I have an odd one, at least I think it's odd, I had some nice Okna dh500 windows installed with the triple pane deluxe package, no issues with the windows or the install. The issue comes in when I look at the energy star sticker on the glass, the numbers and info seemed wrong so I looked it up and it all matches the double pane deluxe package not the triple, I called Okna and they're saying the sticker is correct and matches the order #. However, the installers look at them as well as myself and they appear to be triple, you can see the double spacer where the middle pane is at and if you hold a light or flame up you see 3 of them where the double you only see 2.

All the windows had the same sticker on them so either I have all the wrong glass packages or the stickers and info the manufacturer has is not accurate. The installer is working on the issue as well but has anyone else seen this before? My concern is warranty, if 5 years down the road something on the sash breaks and I need a replacement I don't want a double pane one sent out.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Randy

Re: Glass package discrepancy

#2 Post by Randy »

Hopefully you just got the wrong NFRC labels. Another possibility is that the windows are triple pane but only one layer of glass has a low-e coating on it.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Could have gone out with the wrong NFRC label.

The only have 1 triple pane option currently so it should have been the same layers and surfaces for Low-e.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you can see the split down the middle of the spacer then it is triple pane, and if your u-factor says .25 then you have the wrong stickers. That's a new one for me. I've never seen Okna make a mistake on stickers before.
Let your dealer sort it out for you. He'll be able to straighten it out for you.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Window4U (IL) wrote:If you can see the split down the middle of the spacer then it is triple pane, and if your u-factor says .25 then you have the wrong stickers. That's a new one for me. I've never seen Okna make a mistake on stickers before.
Let your dealer sort it out for you. He'll be able to straighten it out for you.
Exactly. In addition, if this is a current job, okna now uses a black spacer in triple pane, gray in double. That will tell you what you have... Either way, your contractor should be on top of this and be able to clarify everything one way or the other.