Okna Window Pricing

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jack21

Okna Window Pricing

#1 Post by Jack21 »

Hi everyone
I was recently quoted for Okna Windows, both the 800 and 400 series.
Both window pricing includes capping, sealing, and removing existing windows and debris.
The contractor has said " this is a basic wood return installation".

We have 10 double hung windows.
All windows are double pane with lowe and argon, and white hardware.
The Okna 800 series pricing, also called "Envirostar" is $ 5600 .00 ( 560 per window )

The Okna 400 series was priced at 4700. 00 ( 470 per window )

Pricing did NOT include grids between the glass. ( 6 over 6) .
That would be an additional $ 38 per window

He also quoted us $2250. 00 for a 6 foot Okna patio door, the 8800. No grids. Very sharp looking door, almost looks like a french door.

We are leaning towards the Okna 800 EnviroStar because it not only seems extremely solid and energy efficient, its also very nice looking. They only make one patio door but it looks very solid.
Although the 400 seems pretty solid, we just are totally sold on the 800 . We are totally convinced on the quality, we were so sick and tired of dealing with contractors that push cheap products like silverline , MI, and United. It was very refreshing to know there are high quality vinyl products out there. We also liked the soft lite elements and sunrise restoration series. Just liked the look of the okna a tad better.
We only want to make this investment once, i dont want to have to change my windows again in 5 years because i was irresponsible enough to take the cheap way out. Glad we did our research. Great forum, learned a wealth of good information.
Is this normal/ good pricing ?

Thank you

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna Window Pricing

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Very good pricing on two very well regarded windows.

The pricing on the 400 is good, but the pricing on the 800 is better. That is well below average on that window and is very aggressive.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree that you will enjoy the 800 the best.
That patio door is a tank.
Very good pricing on the windows.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

the patio door pricing is well within range and is about as solid as you can get.
the Okna 800 is a beautiful looking window and very well designed.
The Okna 600 " EcoPro" has similar features and performance numbers to the okna 800. The 600 is also very sharp looking with a slightly better pricing.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

I agree with all of the above. Great products, and those prices are very aggressive. Id jump on that deal.
The HiMark 800/ Okna Envirostar is one of the top choices available along with the Restorations and Elements that you mentioned. Your final 3 choices are the " creme de la creme" of vinyl windows IMO.

Jack21

#6 Post by Jack21 »

Hey everyone
Just to update, i chose the Okna 800 and the Okna patio door. Everything should be delivered and installed within 3 weeks. We are very excited and have all the confidence in the world for our window contractor. One thing that i thought was interesting was the first time the okna contractor stopped by he also brought a silverline and an alside window so we can see the difference in quality . That really helped us see just how much of a difference there actually was and that certainly helped justify the extra cost.
Thanks for all the feedback !

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Great choice.
Let us know how you like them once they are in.

theWindowNerd...