okna vs. marvin

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
aacharliep

okna vs. marvin

#1 Post by aacharliep »

When it comes to losing glass on a replacement window, which one is better, the Okna 500 or the Marvin Integrity? Also what makes the Integrity so pricey? Is it worth it over the Okna 500?

Windows on Washington

Re: okna vs. marvin

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I can't say for certainly when comparing the Integrity to the Okna 500, but on the Okna 500 to Infinity (Marvin's leading insert/replacement candidate), the glass difference is about 1/8 - 3/16" per side.

The Integrity, if memory series me correctly, is a bit wider than the Infinity. If that is still the case, the difference will probably be non-existent.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

No it is not worth the cost difference.
Look at the test data for each window.
What is the AI???? What is the U ????
You need both test results to have good vision.

theWindowNerd.com

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

If you are considering vinyl I'd assume that you are looking at the all-ultrex Integrity? If that is the case, the OKNA is the window that should fetch a premium as it is superior in every measurable and objective area (performance, warranty, etc), and IMO it is better in the subjective areas such as appearance as well. I am a huge Marvin fan, but the reason to choose Marvin is for the beauty and richness of a real wood interior. If that aspect is not on the top of your priority list, then premium vinyl is tough to beat and Okna is as good as it gets.

aacharliep

#5 Post by aacharliep »

Thanks HomeSealed, having the wood option is no longer a priority so that takes care of Marvin.

pdtj

#6 Post by pdtj »

I had never heard of Okna until i saw this post. I have heard plenty over the years about Marvin and Integrity. So I searched Okna. Having a hard time nailing it down from their info, but are they a vinyl window company. Are you asking for a comparison between a vinyl window and a fiberglass/fiberglass clad window?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Okna is a manufacturer of high grade vinyl windows and can be procured by finding one of their licensed dealers. They look much nicer than your garden variety vinyl most consumers are familiar with. Okna is going to have better/ higher structural numbers than the Marvin, Okna will also have a much better total Ufactor and a much lower air infiltration rate than a Marvin.
For these reasons, its fairly easy to see why many home owners who are initially against vinyl, actually choose Okna vinyl after seeing the window and seeing the far superior performance numbers.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with Masterext.
I would add that if you want to look at a fiberglass window you should look at InLine.

I offer the HiMark vinyl window, made for a discerning group of dealers, as well as InLine fiberglass, still also do a lot of Pella and Andersen clad wood windows.

TheWindowNerd...