Does anyone have weathershield?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
sfuji

Does anyone have weathershield?

#1 Post by sfuji »

I was going to install Milgard Ultra until I read these posts. I now have an appt with Pella and another window store recommended Weathershield. I have never heard of this line and out here in CA they do not offer Marvin Infinity. I do not want vinyl. Has anyone heard of this line (woodclad version)?

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

I know the Weathershield I've seen here in MN is total junk. I haven't seen their fiberglass if they offer it yet. So I can't say if it's good or bad. You will like Pella's Impervia though. It's a great product. Good Luck!!!

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Where in Cali are you. North or South? Marvin is available in California. They are distributed out of Galt in Northern cali.

I have seen the Weathershield product. It is a Peachtree company and they are average. Not top end, but not the bottom either. I believe in california, the windows come from Logan Utah, and are pretty good quality. I have never sold, installed or serviced them though.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I see lots of Weathershield (when I am measuring the windows prior to tearing them out and replacing them). I'll let you have as many as you want for free. Less space to take up in my dumpster. :wink:

JScott

#5 Post by JScott »

earwax,
Clarification only.
Peachtree is actually a Weathershield company. The Shield family bought either most or all of Peachtree.