Sunrise Standard vs Sunrise Restoration/Vanguard?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jbrookba

Sunrise Standard vs Sunrise Restoration/Vanguard?

#1 Post by Jbrookba »

Sunrise Standard vs Sunrise Restoration/Vanguard? Feedback? What's the difference?

Randy

Re: Sunrise Standard vs Sunrise Restoration/Vanguard?

#2 Post by Randy »

The Restorations/Vanguard lines will have foam insulation in the frames and sash reinforcement. The Restorations line has an exclusive lock that doubles as the tilt latch release also, that the Vanguard doesn't have.

Jbrookba

#3 Post by Jbrookba »

Thanks, yes I have learned that the "Standard" window does not have the reinforcement, however, you can add it. ? is . . . is that really needed? I thought the "Standard" also has foam insulation.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Regular Sunrise double-hung units only have the injected foam in some of the master frame extrusions and not the sash extrusions. Vanguard/Restorations have both sash and master frame foam. The locks on the regular and Vanguards being mortised low-profile which a French curved handle are pretty nice.

If you're opting for the newer decorative hardware that is in a metallic finish such as satin nickel or oil rubbed bronze, I like the Restoration as they will not have or need tilt actuators as they're built into the lock and sashes. The regular series and Vanguards would have the typical tan like (on woodgrains) or white.

Most of the Restorations dealers around here tend to be very large outfits which is why they typically get more of a premium price for the their products and services. You would be happy with either series providing you get a great install and fair price. :)

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think the reinforcement in that particular window sash rail is somewhat of a must.

SteveTimms

#6 Post by SteveTimms »

I have 16 windows in my house built in 1942 got a price from a sunrise dealer for $15,825.00 do you think that's a good price because I think that's a lot of money for windows what is the normal pricing for windows or does everybody charge different prices

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

That number looks in line to me, not too high at all for that window. Both the sunrise vanguard and sunrise restorations are very similar to Vytex windows ( potomac and fortis series). Also the new
Okna 600 series ( EcoPro). The vytex and okna 600 will have slightly better performance numbers though.
Last edited by masterext on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Given the type of install, windows, and install requirements (i.e. RRP), that is more than reasonable.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

Everybody charges differently base on business size, overhead, sales model, etc, plus the options and install procedures will contribute to substantial differences. That said, I'd concur with the other pros that your number is within the normal range.