another newbie with price quote please help

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
leethedeuce

another newbie with price quote please help

#1 Post by leethedeuce »

Hi,
Thank you in advance. I got a quote here in Wisconsin from euro-tech/remodel America. 9 Windows, 1slider 8 double hung for about 8900$ installed. They are sea brooke Windows they seem like very high quality Windows I have done done research but hoping for some feedback. It's this ok deal or should I cancel?

Windows on Washington

Re: another newbie with price quote please help

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where are you in Wisconsin?

leethedeuce

#3 Post by leethedeuce »

South east

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Only one dude to talk to in that case.

HomeSealed is the man and the best in your area...hands down.

You can find him here in this thread and click on his name to get his contact information: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5528

leethedeuce

#5 Post by leethedeuce »

Any way to contact them through the forum not in a request quote form? Just trying to find out if these windows are worth the money. Sea brooke Windows by great lakes company installing is remodel America.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

I suppose you could find him otherwise but the "Request a Quote" is the way that we get in contact with folks via the boards.

As it pertains to the window question, that is why I was so strenuously suggesting you call him. The window is average at best. Kind of like a Honda Civic with a big race wing on the back. Looks fast standing still until it pulls away from the stoplight at takes 14 seconds to get to 60 mph.

No comparison between that window you have been quote and what HomeSealed offers as even his baseline window, not to mention his upper end offerings.

Trust me, you will not regret it and your window options are going to be much, much better.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

It looks like the company you saw uses the Seabrook which is average at best. I would expand my search, there are much better windows out there. I do NOT like how the Seabrook has an air leakage rate of .19 ; thats much too high in my opinion and not the type of window i would offer my customers.
I too highly recommend HomeSealed. He is not only a great person but he runs a very reputable business. I really think you should give him( Brandon) a call , you will be impressed.

leethedeuce

#8 Post by leethedeuce »

Will do top get a quote. So even though they are made by great lakes and all the features they aren't good Windows. I was told they are the only Windows that can call their safety latches, security latches.thanks for the help.

leethedeuce

#9 Post by leethedeuce »

So if they are average at best then 8900$ is too much to pay? They also have lifetime non pro rated warranty that is transferable...

leethedeuce

#10 Post by leethedeuce »

How about champion Windows? I want to get another quote as well besides home sealed and the I've I already have. I did sign contract with remodel America but nothing had been started I didn't give them down payment or anything. I have no problem cancelling if they are charging me too much.

leethedeuce

#11 Post by leethedeuce »

Also that cost of 8900 includes all clean up and haul away permits, everything.price will not go up. I don't know if that factors in as well.

TheWindowNerd

#12 Post by TheWindowNerd »

do you want to feel drafts from the windows in the heating season? How long do you heat?
Anyway as has been mentioned Brandon is the best in the area. He has a stable of products and price points.
Not only are there lots of product to choose from with accurate information as to why. The install will be to the highest industry best practices. Along with all the rest Brandon is a trust worthy honorable man.

theWindowNerd....

uncle eddie

#13 Post by uncle eddie »

Great Lakes was once a higher end window, but they have not done much to improve the product over the past 20 years, other than get purchased by Plygem which IMO has actually pushed the product down stream. Like the other guys mentioned, air numbers are not good, u-factor nothing special. The family that formerly owned Great Lakes actually now owns Sunirse which makes the Restorations, and they are inovators much like Okna and a handful of others. The security latch thing is typical salesguy bs. Champion is more of the same IMO. overpriced, under-performing. The board is littered with suggestions for better products, I'd read up.
Roughly $1k per window sounds a little high as well, but that depends on many factors.