Sunrise v Softlite v Anderson 400 v Marvin Infinity patio dr

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
midwesthome

Sunrise v Softlite v Anderson 400 v Marvin Infinity patio dr

#1 Post by midwesthome »

We are need of a new slider patio door. I have been pricing out several different brands (installers) and was hoping you all could help interpret which is the best deal. After researching here 2 years ago, we installed 3 Softlite Imperial LS triple-pane windows in our living room. Have been really happy with them except they are leaking now (actually caused part of the issue with the patio door which is below them). The local company is so far working to correct the problem so have no issues right now with them. I was unaware that Sunrise was available here locally but just discovered that they are. Here are the prices (with install) I have been quoted:
Softlite Montpelier door double pane (for triple add $254) $2,011
Softlite Kingsroyal door double pane (for triple add $254) $2,189
Sunrise Restorations triple pane door $2,118
Anderson 400 double pane $2,348
Marvin Infinity (need to verify this one) double pane $2,165

I have been told the only really difference with the Montpelier and Kingsroyal door is that the Kingsroyal frame has foam insulation? Seems the Sunrise has this? Any thoughts as to your favorite door and why? Which is the best deal? Thanks so much

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise v Softlite v Anderson 400 v Marvin Infinity patio dr

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Which did you like the look of?

There are some good options there in vinyl but if you like the construction and/or look of wood, that kind of puts it back in the Andersen and Marvin category.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Of that list I would go with the Sunrise.

I would add to that list of products to look at Okna/HiMark. Also of a different nature InLine Fiberglass.

midwesthome

#4 Post by midwesthome »

Not sure which I liked the look of. Want a good looking door, but am really wanting a good performer. Also will be replacing more and more windows over the next few years so am hoping for one with a good window that will match.

midwesthome

#5 Post by midwesthome »

Also okna and himark are not available in my area.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

what is your area?
It used to be that Okna/HiMark was only available on the north eastern seaboard. They are now available most places east of the Rockies.

If they are not available then Sunrise Vanguard or Restoration or the Soft-lite LS.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

The Sunrise and Kingsroyal are both very good choices IMO. I prefer the welded frame and lower AI on the Kingsroyal, however the Sunrise does look and feel a bit nicer IMO, although that part is subjective. You really should not go wrong with either... Fair pricing as well.

midwesthome

#8 Post by midwesthome »

I went and viewed them all today and am now even more confused. I liked the solid feel of the Kingsroyal door (have taken the Montpelier door off the list). I think the steel in the vertical sash adds to this? I liked the sill on the Sunrise door. We have been having water coming in on the sill of our current door so definitely am concerned about this (we currently have an old Windsor wood patio door). We would like (but budget may not make it possible) to have a wood look on the inside. Does anyone have experience with the Sunrise or Softlite wood looks? Finally, what is the difference between these and the Marvin products? Is the Integrity or the Infinity as good a product? Which Marvin product is better? Thanks!

Anthony, we are in Nebraska.

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The simulated stained wood finishes are excellent.
I am fairly certain that the Marvin products can not come close in the air infiltration test.

My dad was born in Broken Bow.