screen removel

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
lmac

screen removel

#1 Post by lmac »

How do you remove the screens for a nami window :?:

HomeSealed

Re: screen removel

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Nami is not a brand, but a certifying body. You are seeing a NAMI sticker on the window I presume?
Regarding screen removal, that can vary, however most vinyl double hungs are spring loaded to one side. Simply push the screen over to whichever side allows, and the opposite side will pop free for removal.

Kent Brown

#3 Post by Kent Brown »

I have Dakota double hung vinyl windows with full screens - How do I remove the screens for cleaning??

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

A picture will help get some more directed responses.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Most vinyl DH retain the screens in two methods...
spring loaded: there are opposing u channels on the exterior vertical legs of the frame, the screen has stainless steel loops on one side that compress in to one of the u channels while the other side bybasses the other U, from the inside the spring side is normally to the left. this method is usually observable by some sort of piull or tab on the one vertical leg.
swivels/slides/ or pins: this method uses one of the three mentioned retainers and should be easily seen. retract the devices push the screen out, careful to hold onto screen.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

A screen track with too much dirt/debris/bug nest may not have the original tolerance to allow side or top compression to loosen it to be able to see what side will be the first to come unseated.