new house in Idaho

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
riverlee

new house in Idaho

#1 Post by riverlee »

hello! i am now trying desperately to figure out what windows to use in a new house in Idaho. Since i also replaced some windows in my current house ( in PA) this past summer, i have done tons of research and am losing my mind. the problem is that it seems as if none of the good vinyl windows are available where i am building - okna, sunrise, softlite. i need large windows capable of handing very cold, windy weather as well as decent temperature fluctuations from day to night. I'm looking for any suggestions and also hoping there is someone on here who lives out that way and could confirm that it is not possible to get those windows out there.

thanks for any help! Lee

Windows on Washington

Re: new house in Idaho

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Lee,

Is a vinyl window suitable for your application? i.e. are you fine with white vinyl?

What type of operators will you be specifying?

There are going to be several options for you but lets narrow that scope down first.

riverlee

#3 Post by riverlee »

yes I actually prefer vinyl for the cost and low maintenance. white is perfect for the interior though I was hoping for a darker exterior color, but I know that might not be an option. I will have only picture and casement windows as well as a French patio door and sliding patio door.

thank you!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

One of the regular contributors here built his daughter's home and use a window call Innotech.

Very high end German extrusion and super design and air infiltration numbers.

riverlee

#5 Post by riverlee »

yikes, those look like they are very nice and very expensive! any idea on that? is the contributor able to be messaged through the forum?
I looked into fibertech and inline windows from Canada already and they are definitely pricey. the shipping costs don't help the already higher price..i was hoping not to spend that much, but I definitely don't want crappy windows either.
thanks again

riverlee

#6 Post by riverlee »

I see they actually have a dealer in Washington though. perhaps that helps with the cost a bit. and service possibly. i'll have to contact them Monday and see if I can afford them :)

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Is Sunrise available in your area? They make a very nice casement and use Cardinal glass.

riverlee

#8 Post by riverlee »

no they unfortunately aren't available either out there.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

I have never used them but Amsco but they have always struck me as a quality manufacturer.

riverlee

#10 Post by riverlee »

hmm, never heard of those.. I do know that the builders I have talked to so far have mentioned using pella, milgard and jeld wen and cascade. I don't think I would use jeld wen or pella.
really curious to talk to the innotech people tomorrow.